Quantcast

Oak Homebrew Beer kits - 5/19/23/25 Ltr Full Grain kits - Ideal for beginners and smaller bellies

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

West wind

Reaction score
Mine has been in the FV (demijohn) for 11 days so I'll get it bottled this weekend and prime with dextrose.

Gerryjo

I used to be a landlord
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tried my Rutland Abbey last night after 1 week in the bottle ... I couldn't wait any longer .... unbelievably clean and fresh for this type of beer. Can't wait to try it after it's had another couple of weeks to mature.
Very impressed with my first AG attempt.
The just rewards from homebrew...

mitch

Regular.
Reaction score
Just had a look at the website out of curiosity. Don't think I'd buy from anyone who delivers via Hermes. Have heard nothing but bad reports.
Don't GeterBrewed do recipe kits to order and in sizes to suit any brewer's pan?
Ive always found Hermes to be great.

mitch

Regular.
Reaction score
Tried my Rutland Abbey last night after 1 week in the bottle ... I couldn't wait any longer .... unbelievably clean and fresh for this type of beer. Can't wait to try it after it's had another couple of weeks to mature.
Very impressed with my first AG attempt.
Ive just racked mine again and will bottle today. Tbh id suffered from cba...anyways it tastes ok to me. Not really my thing but maybe after a few more wks bottled. Its 4.6 as described!

obscure

Perpetually Confused
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive always found Hermes to be great.
Hermes is really dependent on who your local courier is, I find the one in my area to be great while the one where I work is awful. Point is with Hermes is that it can be really inconsistent though this seems to be the case with every courier.

mitch

Regular.
Reaction score
Only just received my kit today after 10 days waiting. Had to chase them up before they'd send it. And it seems I do need 2 big pans according to the instructions.
Thats not too good bob. Considering its run by a lady from home. Its ok for me as i go to collect. Only 8 miles away you see.

Bobtheblob

Regular.
Reaction score
Finally got round to brewing mine. It's in the demijohn and there's a good 2 inches of sediment on the bottom after 2 days. Took the bung out to top it up a tiny bit after the krausen had died down and it smells amazing. I wonder if I'll get 8 pints out of this...I'm guessing 7 pints. If it tastes as good as it smells then I'm converted to All Grain.

West wind

Reaction score
Three weeks after bottling I've sampled one and it seems my first attempt at AG is a success. Good head and retention, pleasant tasting and nice mouth feel.

I had a nightmare bottling after discovering my syphon wouldn't fit in the neck of the demijohn....doh....so improvised with a tube and made a mess. I only managed 6 x 500ml bottles and the rest ended up in the drip tray and over me.

Scott Begbie

Reaction score
Just ordered the Steady On and Freckled Birdie kits. Christmas pressies to me from family. Looking forward to trying AG after a few successful extract kits, and the feedback on Oak Homebrew 5 Litre kits seems very good!