Oatmeal Chocolate Milk Stout (Brann's Breakfast Stout)

Discussion in 'Complete and Brewed Recipes' started by BrannBrew, Jun 27, 2017.

Help Support The Homebrew Forum UK by donating using the link above.
  1. Oct 2, 2018 #21

Alex.mc

Alex.mc

Alex.mc

There was a little discussion above about it, but I used Maltmiller's recipe generator to order up all the ingredients. That was a very pleasant experience! No wastage.

2. Oct 2, 2018 #22

BrannBrew

BrannBrew

BrannBrew

Damo Brann

I brewed this 26th May 2017 did a split batch keg/bottle according to one of my blog posts on 23rd june 2017 the bottles and I gave big thumbs up. I started drinking the keg 12th June. So should be plenty of time.
    I just used raw, none grounded, ones I got where from the supermarket almost like button shapes, but defiantly checked they were 100% cacao nibs. Coffee was bought ground coffee, just straight up put the grounds in. I how have a coffee grinder so can freshly grind my coffee, which probably wont make a big difference.
    [​IMG]
    Your welcome, I'm pleasantly surprised how this has been received, does want me to make it again.

3. Oct 14, 2018 at 4:50 PM #23

Alex.mc

Alex.mc

Alex.mc

2 weeks of fermentation...... and I seem to be stuck at 1.030?
    Stuck fermentation I assume?
    It was held pretty carefully at 19-22c

Tasted good, albeit a little sweet, but I assume thats the remaining sugars un-fermented?

Suggestions anyone? This is my firsat stuck fermentation.

4. Oct 15, 2018 at 9:45 PM #24

Kenboy

Kenboy

Kenboy

I'm still kit brewing but enhancing. My next brew for Christmas I was thinking on a milk stout. Maybe also adding coffee and cacao.

How much lactose would you recommend I add to a 23l kit? Also what's the best method of when to add?

Will probably use the mocha porter kit by Young's, or maybe just get a chance Wilko stout then add coffee and chocolate after 7 days in fv.

Cheers