October Dark Month

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been looking forward to this. This will be my first time being a judge, under normal circumstances I would of have had people to help me. Guess what, I am going to have soldier through this by myself. I will do my best do give you detailed feedback.
Please could you give as much detail as possible on the beer you are entering. I will try and arrange a prize for the winner....

Last edited:
I love dark beers! Would a wee heavy be accepted? I have one I am really happy with, otherwise I have a vanilla bourbon stout but I feel it just needs a few more months to properly develop.

I'm in might brew up that Christmas brew. When are you judging?

Just remembered I also have a Baltic porter that has been lagered for about 16 weeks now. Ill do a taste test and decide which one to enter. I can send the wee heavy and baltic porter but just enter one of them

You son of a bitch, I'm in.

I don't know what with yet... I have my Christmas milk chocolate stout in the fermenter at the minute, a weizenbock, and probably something hiding in the cupboard (I really need to start labeling my Beer).

PM me your address.

Don't you categorize them by the colour of the crown cap you put on the bottles?
I did, but now I've run out of caps that match so I have odd ones and it's got confusing 😵

Edit: I ordered some tags to put round the neck of each beer, they arrived today. So any new brews will be properly labelled from the next brew onwards 👍🏼

Last edited:
nope unfortunately not, it's the highest rated beer in the world supposedly and hard to get a hold of. someday maybe.

PM me your address. I have a dunkelweisse to enter. About time I got back into entering my beers to these.

I've been meaning to enter into a competition for a few months now but sadly it's never worked out. I've got a stout fermenting away now which in theory I'd love to enter, but I'll see how my work schedule plays out.

Back