October Dark Month

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say anything with brown, black, stout, porter, barley wine, winter warmer, bock, dubbel or quadruppel in its name.

we only have the groups
American pale ales
Dark beers
Lagers
British PA, bitters and milds

so basically anything that wouldn't fit in the other three.

Wondering if next year we should add a belgian category one month?

I am also not experienced this is just an opinion.

I'd say anything with brown, black, stout, porter, barley wine, winter warmer, bock, dubbel or quadruppel in its name.

we only have the groups
American pale ales
Dark beers
Lagers
British PA, bitters and milds

so basically anything that wouldn't fit in the other three.

Wondering if next year we should add a belgian category one month?

I am also not experienced this is just an opinion.

Or maybe just 'European'? Either way I think it/they deserve another category.

I'm relatively new to the forum (and brewing) but have a Christmas beer that I would love to enter and get some feedback on. Could you send me your address and anything else I need to know? Thanks!

Cool. Pm me and I will post it on Monday. Thx
20201017_195900.jpg

How many now mate? Quite a few it looks like!
I have a total of 15 requests. I currently have 3 arrived. I am trying to work out the best way to judge them if all 15 arrive. I am thinking Maybe pour half and cap the bottle to drink later at my own leisure. The judging could stretch over 3 nights.
Any suggestions are welcome 😄

I have a total of 15 requests. I currently have 3 arrived. I am trying to work out the best way to judge them if all 15 arrive. I am thinking Maybe pour half and cap the bottle to drink later at my own leisure. The judging could stretch over 3 nights.
Any suggestions are welcome 😄
Suggest taste them over forthight. There is no rush....

I have 2 (wee heavy and baltic porter) boxed up ready to send tomorrow, labelled with my forum name, beer type and ABV. Not sure on the rules, I know only one can enter, not sure if I need to decide or its the one that scores highest? Im sending 2 as postage is same and I have loads of beer after so long in lockdown.
If I need to decide the I'd enter the Wee heavy.

Both were intended to be entered into National homebrew comp which is now cancelled (maybe postponed) so have been brewed to style, wee heavy using Edinburgh Ale yeast and Baltic porter with lager yeast and lagered for 8 weeks.

Hope you enjoy them and as suggested I would probably spread the tasting out - dark beers are also often strong beers- mine are 8.8% and 6.3%

Latest posts

Back