Oh it's busy

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B2B

THBF Sponsor.
Reaction score
Hi guys n girls

This last week it's gone and got incredibly busy again, busier than the first lockdown, and I'm sorry to say that even though we've more than tripled the number of elves we have in the warehouse we're starting to fall behind on shipping orders again.

We're doing everything we can to get back on top of this and have even more elves joining us this week to help get orders shipped from the warehouse. We're currently 3-4 days behind on orders even though we're already shipping orders 6 days a week, the 7th day is coming soon I think.

The volume of stock coming in and going out of the warehouse right now is phenomenal to which we can only thank you guys for sticking with us. Over the past 8 months we have ploughed all increased revenues back into stock and been able to create new jobs for people which really does give us a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

It's been impossible over the summer to keep stock on all lines so again we apologise for that but we're constantly working on improving this with increased orders. Pre lockdown we were only ever out of stock on a handful of lines at a time, since March we seem to have been out of stock on everything I check :( Stock is still very irregular in it's availability, when it does show up we buy everything we can. There have been times when it's felt like the stock situation has been easing over the last couple of months but it's usually turned out to be a hoax and it's gone again before you know it.

That said we have a load more stock due on anything Muntons created, we have more Bulldog and Still Spirits items arriving this week for those of you who prefer to stagger about the house. Beaverdale wine kits are very close to coming back into stock also. Spray malts are nowhere to be seen right now though, probably better to saw up some old planks and use the sawdust.

Again thanks for bearing with us, we're processing orders as quickly as we can and doing more to improve that side further. I'll try to back get on with regular service updates and let you guys know when something out of stock is about to arrive.

Cheers

Thank you for this update - delays happen, and we're living in unprecedented times. All I ever ask from a seller is they set reasonable expectations, and communicate.

When a seller sends an email with their order letting me know it'll probably be late, I know not to organise a brew day and any potential frustration just melts away.

Glad to say my FS2 and all the bits arrived today, even got free glasses.

Only downside was the FS box was open (don't think anything dropped out) and the other box was torn.

Glad to say my FS2 and all the bits arrived today, even got free glasses.

Only downside was the FS box was open (don't think anything dropped out) and the other box was torn.

I'm sorry to hear it arrived with you like that. Can you check the contents to make sure everything is correct.

Not trying to make an excuse because this shouldn't happen but couriers are a law unto themselves at times :(

Its good that @Brew2bottle Homebrew have updated the forum on the state of play concerning stock and delivery, and when I chased up my order yesterday they did come back with an update almost straightaway.
So the reality for me (and which might be useful info for others at the present time) is I ordered last Tuesday about midday, my order was consigned to DPD yesterday, Monday, and I have a promise from them of delivery tomorrow (Wed), which hopefully will be fulfilled. And if B2B have set on more elves this week that should help things along but to counter that perhaps they will get more orders coming in due to the looming lockdown. Time will tell

Very correct... we are getting a lot more orders

1604422147594.png

This is the current trend in sales for the last month, there's a big spike over the last 5 days.

Combine that with the extra stock we have arriving, of which a lot is currently out of stock, it's not going to get much quieter in the next month or so. With non-essential shops closing soon also it will get busier again for the online guys.

Please don't use that word "Spike" it strikes Covid terror into me LOL

I'm sorry to hear it arrived with you like that. Can you check the contents to make sure everything is correct.

Not trying to make an excuse because this shouldn't happen but couriers are a law unto themselves at times :(
Will do. I knows it's not your fault. Had a few issues recently, including royal mail delivering an empty envelope when it should have been full of yeast packets

Thanks for the update. Was about to chase a few things I ordered last week, but will wait patiently. Stay safe. athumb..

Thanks for the heads up, was about to order a few more kits as I have an empty Corny with nothing to fill it. Put my order in yesterday but happy to wait.

Everything seems accounted for. Not sure why the FS box was only sealed by a small sticker though. This is how the box was wide open, may be worth putting some extra tape on them.

Everything seems accounted for. Not sure why the FS box was only sealed by a small sticker though. This is how the box was wide open, may be worth putting some extra tape on them.

Phew, thanks for checking.

The FS boxes are changing soon to a more robust brown box with single colour print. I think those guys were just running down their old boxes before making the switch. We have 3 different products in the same boxes at the moment with the same barcode on them :)

In the meantime I'll have a word with the elves and get them to tape them up from now on.

Cheers

Thank you for posting what is going on at your end. Good communication always helps and after I lost an order due to couriers throwing things around you were very quick to send out a replacement. Frustrating that you were then out of stock on the on-the-rocks kits, but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter does it.
The good news though is that you are busy, and with new people starting to get a taste for it, hopefully the trend will continue past the madness stage.

Speaking to other sellers and suppliers there is a general feeling that the market has grown by somewhere from 20 to 30% since lockdown earlier this year. If I was a betting kind of guy I'd say with a looming recession next year that the market will grow again.

Hopefully that will lead to more shops opening/re-opening on the high streets around the country making it easier for people to access

Thanks for the heads up on the situation and thanks for my order last week which arrived the day after despatch and was really well packed.

Mark

I put an order in last Friday for a bitter and lagers but expected delays.
Just checked my email and b2b sent me one yesterday saying there were delays 😁

No worries, i have lager, turbo cider, and sm wine bottled,
TCider and sm wine on the go and 30 bottle kit's of wine and cider 👍😁

my last order from them took a week to get here (placed just as this lockdown was announced but unrelated to that as i didn't actually know it had been announced).
can't moan about that at all.
actually placed another order this morning.
they are transparent and actively engage customers which is a lot more than most suppliers do.

Back