Oh it's busy

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I placed another order last night for some bargain priced short-dated brewferm kits.

I agree they, answer messages promptly and are pleasant to do business with.

Mark

Thanks for the great comments and patience guys, it helps us get through the days :)

We've been in again today and the guys are still packing downstairs.

We've shipped over 1100 orders out today, some have been collected by Royal Mail already but anything DPD will be collected tomorrow morning and into the system for delivery.

We're still experiencing a massive upturn in orders though and still have over 2500 orders to ship... it's never ending right now and I don't even think people have started shopping for gifts as yet so expect it to get even busier in the coming weeks.

As an example of how crazy it is again... the short dated kits we put on sale last week and sent out on a mail shot on Friday evening. Once that mail went out we sold over 400 cans in 95 minutes. It takes us longer than that to pack them I can assure you :)

We're not going to turn the site off, we'll leave it open for orders as we did with the last surge and we'll get better at shipping out faster. We have more people starting this week but are now starting to run out of space where we can accomodate people in the warehouse and still maintain distancing etc...

Martyn and Sophie are still busy answering mails and calls though and they won't be leaving their desks to help in the warehouse if anyone has any queries.

Thanks for bearing with us, we are catching up even though it doesn't seem like it sometimes and hopefully we'll be back to normal service soon.

I work permanent nights and sick of parcels coming every day for my son or daughter lol,
Sleeping Friday after my last night shift and b2b order via dpd couldn't get an answer, my son is off work for two weeks but because he wasn't expecting a parcel couldn't be arsed answering the door lol.
It should be here tomorrow.
The first tracking app, i forget the name had a map of usa ffs 🙄😁

Dpd are spot on and downloaded their app.

Your prices are keen, customer service is good and delays are expected currently.
I wouldn't hesitate ordering from you again or recommending you.

Good comms and emails re: order status. My recent order arrived Saturday no prob, in time for intended brew day today. People need to be realistic about how things are going and order ahead of time; the info and numbers you’ve provided are really illustrative.

Likewise with courier companies. Inevitable that there will be the odd bashed-up package at the moment. If you extrapolate the upturn described here across all types of online orders, the courier distribution chain is probably a madhouse right now. Xmas will of course put further strain.

From a supplier point of view, is ordering little-and-often easier to handle than bigger orders? I’d imagine a lot of us order quite big to get the free delivery. Could customers have an option so say “send it when you can, but it’s not mega urgent” so you can prioritise, maybe with lower threshold for free delivery? Or is that more trouble than it’s worth?

Post deleted.

Could i remind members that this forum is for sponsors to -
  • Create threads within the Sponsors forum.
  • Post/comment about their own products and business.
  • Promote their business.
  • Respond to comments by users about their products.
It is not a place for general discussion by members, by all means discuss the item in any thread posted by a sponsor but please do not discuss other HBS, sponsors or their items in a sponsors thread, thanks.

Good comms and emails re: order status. My recent order arrived Saturday no prob, in time for intended brew day today. People need to be realistic about how things are going and order ahead of time; the info and numbers you’ve provided are really illustrative.

Likewise with courier companies. Inevitable that there will be the odd bashed-up package at the moment. If you extrapolate the upturn described here across all types of online orders, the courier distribution chain is probably a madhouse right now. Xmas will of course put further strain.

From a supplier point of view, is ordering little-and-often easier to handle than bigger orders? I’d imagine a lot of us order quite big to get the free delivery. Could customers have an option so say “send it when you can, but it’s not mega urgent” so you can prioritise, maybe with lower threshold for free delivery? Or is that more trouble than it’s worth?

I'm not sure the "urgent/mega urgent/not bothered when I get it" would work right now. By the end of today we'll be 5-6 days behind I imagine and should catch up further throughout the week. The problems start as soon as we leave the building because instead of chipping away at the stack of orders we start falling behind again until we get back in and start packing more orders. The internet is 24/7, sadly we aren't :)

We'll get there though, 2 new elves this week and once they are up to speed it's full steam ahead again

I placed another order last night for some bargain priced short-dated brewferm kits.

I agree they, answer messages promptly and are pleasant to do business with.

Mark

I received my order today a week after ordering, despatched yesterday when I received notice and tracking details, I received this morning a text message to tell me of arrival time and received the goodies before ten this morning as scheduled.

The package was really well packed as usual and received in perfect condition.

I can't fault you guys !

Many thanks,

Mark

We're still really busy guys but have caught up a couple of days worth of orders over the week. Right now we're shipping orders that were placed on Sunday and Monday.

We're not in tomorrow to pack orders but back in again on Sunday and fingers crossed by this time next week we'll be within a couple of days of shipping orders on the same day they are placed... then a week later Black Friday happens and all hell will break loose again :)

No complaints here, think you are doing well under pressure.

Looking forward to Black Friday , probably a lot more than you are !

Mark

We're still really busy guys but have caught up a couple of days worth of orders over the week. Right now we're shipping orders that were placed on Sunday and Monday.

We're not in tomorrow to pack orders but back in again on Sunday and fingers crossed by this time next week we'll be within a couple of days of shipping orders on the same day they are placed... then a week later Black Friday happens and all hell will break loose again :)
I placed a click and collect order, but it says it’s been collected?
I have also dropped you and email. 👍

Superb comms and it’s great to hear of a growing business in these uncertain times. Honesty is always the best policy and as a consumer it’s a breath of fresh air to hear from a supplier. It can be only “Onwards and Upwards” for you guys.

I moved over to you guys at the beginning of the year after my old stockist, whom shall remain nameless, failed to get some stock of a MJ kit for over a month and B2B had it in stock. From then on and over 10 orders placed, I feel some allegiance to now want to stick with you guys, though these times of low or zero availability. Like with the Tinsel Toes I was waiting for, I can only suggest people hit the “Email when in Stock” button and wait for the email to land and when it does get the order placed.

Well I've just ordered a snubnose pressure fermenter from you as a birthday present from the family, and I'm just a teeny tiny bit super looking forward to it 😍 ..... however it's not urgent and it's nice to be able to see these kind of messages to know roughly how long it will be for delivery. Which in my book is great customer communication, so thank you.

Anna

Hey all

Just a quick update to this. We've almost caught up and today we will start shipping Fridays orders, so almost there but we're now back within the shipping times for our standard service.

Quick heads up, we've turned on some offers for Black Friday that will run until next Monday. There are deals on Grainfathers, Still Spirits T500 stills, Morgans Beer kits, some of the Mangrove Jacks kits, Tilt hydrometers and a few other bits and pieces.

Black Friday Deals

Cheers

Hey all

Just a quick update to this. We've almost caught up and today we will start shipping Fridays orders, so almost there but we're now back within the shipping times for our standard service.

Quick heads up, we've turned on some offers for Black Friday that will run until next Monday. There are deals on Grainfathers, Still Spirits T500 stills, Morgans Beer kits, some of the Mangrove Jacks kits, Tilt hydrometers and a few other bits and pieces.

Black Friday Deals

Cheers
Well done all at Brew2Bottle, just seen the news today looks like tier 3 (my area) no pubs open before Xmas.
Just ordered an Admirals Reserve and a Mangrove Jack's Juicy Session, got me covered for now 😁😁😁
Cheers Jon

DPD have sent my @Brew2bottle Homebrew order to Edinburgh Lancashire.
I'm in Deeside North Wales not Scotland 🤔🙄

Says parcel is returning to sender so hopefully they sort it once returned 👍

Glad to hear you’re busy. I’ve been really pleased with your service and you went out of the way to help me out. Youre now my go-to HBS (which is probably why your orders have gone through the roof! 🤣) Got my Hammer of Thor brewing tonight so will have to order the next one! Keep doing your thing guys, great selection of products and pleased someone is doing well in these tough times!

Latest posts

Back