Oktoberfest: Beer and Blood

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phillc

Regular.
Reaction score
I've just started watching the series Oktoberfest: Beer and Blood on Netflix. Finally a period drama I can enjoy! So far only up to the second episode, but I'm really enjoying it.

As a bit of a counterpoint to the "I don't watch TV'" threads, this is something worth watching I reckon. I also don't have a terrestrial or satellite television receiver in my house, just an online subscription to Netflix and Amazon Prime. Quite often I find myself wasting quite a lot of time surfing for something worth watching . This one however makes the price of admission worthwhile. It's pure entertainment, as opposed to educational, but there does seem to be enough historical brewing aspects to make it interesting.

I've just started watching the series Oktoberfest: Beer and Blood on Netflix. Finally a period drama I can enjoy! So far only up to the second episode, but I'm really enjoying it.

As a bit of a counterpoint to the "I don't watch TV'" threads, this is something worth watching I reckon. I also don't have a terrestrial or satellite television receiver in my house, just an online subscription to Netflix and Amazon Prime. Quite often I find myself wasting quite a lot of time surfing for something worth watching . This one however makes the price of admission worthwhile. It's pure entertainment, as opposed to educational, but there does seem to be enough historical brewing aspects to make it interesting.
I don't watch TV except when I'm dragged screaming and kicking and tied up before the set.
But I've just googled Okoberfest and since we've got a couple of Canadians locked down with us, with their own Netflix account, I'll certainly give it a bit of a looking at. Thanks for the tip.

I saw this show and was interested. What's the premise? I'm guessing Oktoberfest is a backdrop to some other storyline?

The premise is the first guy who wants to stage a 6000 people tent at Oktoberfest, which of course is common these days. He needs to buy up the stakes of five other brewers who already have a smaller plot. One of course refuses. Everything goes to **** from there basically.

Latest posts

Back