Old Corny keg problems and solutions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white city

Reaction score
Hi,
I bought some Corny kegs from a UK business recently and was happy with the quality/price until I started using them… The rubber tops/handles and the bottom were leaving black marks on my hands after carrying them and on floors after placing them.

These kegs came from The Home Brew Company and were very well priced. In every other way they are perfect but according to the oval sealing plates they were manufactured in 1995 and so the rubber has suffered through natural aging.

I was wondering what to do about this and think I found the perfect solution. I used this stuff once to refinish some alloy wheels and it was really good. I bought a can of black, masked up all the stainless parts and gave it 4 coats. The result is like a brand new keg. This stuff is really durable too.

https://www.prodip.eu/Plasti-Dip-Aerosols

If you have the same problem then I recommend trying this. It's cheap and really does the job.

Cheers!

Hi,
I bought some Corny kegs from a UK business recently and was happy with the quality/price until I started using them… The rubber tops/handles and the bottom were leaving black marks on my hands after carrying them and on floors after placing them.

These kegs came from The Home Brew Company and were very well priced. In every other way they are perfect but according to the oval sealing plates they were manufactured in 1995 and so the rubber has suffered through natural aging.

I was wondering what to do about this and think I found the perfect solution. I used this stuff once to refinish some alloy wheels and it was really good. I bought a can of black, masked up all the stainless parts and gave it 4 coats. The result is like a brand new keg. This stuff is really durable too.

https://www.prodip.eu/Plasti-Dip-Aerosols

If you have the same problem then I recommend trying this. It's cheap and really does the job.

Cheers!
Thanks for tip, this has been vexing me recently.

Back