One Concept Braufreund

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for a small boiler and 18 l suits. I've got in my save for later basket awaiting reviews. A Cygnet 15l is a bit cheaper but not sure it boils.

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this has been discussed before but I couldn't find it whilst searching on here...

Has anyone used the Braufreund 18l or 30l that is currently being sold on Amazon? Looks quite nice and would be a nice addition to my brewing equipment. It has no reviews, but reviews are useless on Amazon anyway.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/oneConcept-Braufreund-Dispenser-Thermostat-Stainless/dp/B07KB4228T

Thanks!
I’m looking at one concept but can’t find enough reviews compared to Klarstein

It looks like a decent HLT, there doesn't appear to be a grain basket or false bottom, so no good for mashing in.

Have a look here
Yeah, that's the one I got, the Klarstein Maischfest 25L - picked it up from eBay a few weeks back when it was on a particularly good offer. I think I went for that one because I wanted the digital temperature control and timer. And it has a few other bits with it.

Well, I say I got it - actually it's in the garage still in the box - Mrs76 is giving it to me for Christmas so I'm not allowed to use it until then :(

My suggestion is wait until Black Friday, there's sure to be some good deals out there.

Yeah, that's the one I got, the Klarstein Maischfest 25L - picked it up from eBay a few weeks back when it was on a particularly good offer. I think I went for that one because I wanted the digital temperature control and timer. And it has a few other bits with it.

Well, I say I got it - actually it's in the garage still in the box - Mrs76 is giving it to me for Christmas so I'm not allowed to use it until then :(

My suggestion is wait until Black Friday, there's sure to be some good deals out there.

Have you! Did you get that tea urn you were umming and aaahing about awhile ago? I completely forgot about black friday, and xmas... mrs pilgrim.....

Yeah, yeah - I got the tea urn, bargain from the local Oxfam. It's great being able to heat my water efficiently in one go and add whatever water treatments in one hit. Much simpler brewdays now.

Unfortunately it won't do a rolling boil and I'd rather pay for the Klarstein then electrocute myself trying to modify it!

I am - in all seriousness I should get it out and fire it up just to make certain there are no issues. If I waited until the new year it might be a bit late...

@matt76 does your klarstein come with a cooling spiral etc? Looks good value at 179.99.
Yes it does - I ordered mine from seller hi-fi tower on eBay for £143.99 when it was on offer. I'd suggest check the prices daily as they go up and down a lot so you have a feel for what makes a good deal, then buy when you see a really good one.

Latest posts

Back