One for the Capri owners.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't own a Capri but had two Granada's with the same 2.8 motor. They were fast enough even with the extra weight. The weak point being the engine oil pressure. They all seemed to suffer from this problem eventually.

Camshaft went on mine(Granada 2.8 i) also tappets were always noisy, lovely big fast motor.I crashed mine, had it repaired and it was then stolen and burnt out.Never had much luck with cars back in the day...:oops:

Camshaft went on mine(Granada 2.8 i) also tappets were always noisy, lovely big fast motor.I crashed mine, had it repaired and it was then stolen and burnt out.Never had much luck with cars back in the day...:oops:
It's probably the oil pressure that killed the cam + noisy tappets. Once the pump was worn the top end used to starve of oil. wearing the whole shebang.
When i cured mine I set the tappets by eye as the rocker arm had a step in them where the rods went so I couldn't set with feelers.
She sounded beautiful after that & lasted 10+ years. I used to see it driving around after I sold it.

My next car after the Capri was a 1275 gt mini, s..t hot

It's probably the oil pressure that killed the cam + noisy tappets. Once the pump was worn the top end used to starve of oil.
Yes, I remember me and my mate tried setting the tappets and started it up with no rocker covers and it took ages for the oil to come up. Mine was a ghia,4speed manual,s pack with TRX alloys and sports suspension and although its 34 years ago, I still have the odd dream about driving it..it would do nearly 60 in first!..ever likely I crashed it!

Latest posts

Back