One for the old bikers.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suzuki gt 750 for me,liquid cooled 2 stroke triple cylinder. A bloke I knew had one and when I was about 15 he gave me a lift somewhere, man the memories of that noise,smell and power has stayed with me forever.Ive had my own bikes a few years ago but that bike will always be special. "Lets boil the kettle"

I want a Kwak 750 triple but have you seen the prices they're fetching, these days? Completely unwarranted by falling victim to the 'classic' bug etc but c'mon they've still gotta be the most antisocial vehicle ever. That's why I want one, and mine would have Denco pipes and the oil pump turned right up... just perfect for winding up those tedious climate change types and shattering neighbourhood windows.

This thread has brought back some great memories love 2 strokes.

Kawasaki 1972 H2 750 Triple Restoration

That kwaka is a beauty. KH380 was a popular hooligan bike back in the day as well , Suz gt380 was a triple but the 500 was a twin, the old jap four strokes are lovely but these 2 strokes are just what memories are made of, mental burst of power and **** brakes!

I used to ride a 490 Maico twin shock back in my yoof it could be a bitch to start when it didn't want to and was awkward to start as the kick start was on the left.

Hi
sweet memories I had the Suzuki GT250 then followed by the Kawa S350 ( worth a fortune that one nowadays in the £000's) in candy red also had many since until gave up biking about 10 years ago due to the speed of them and the traffic on the road. Last bike was the Fireblade and before that the Ducati 748 if only to be 17 again

I would like another bike but i see so many bad drivers every day (using phones, being impatient etc) i don't think i ever will. asad.

I have never had the skill or the balls to do a "wheely" but I still managed it on two occasions:
  1. Aged about 46, I borrowed a young lad's Yamaha 350 and discovered that there was a genuine "power band" at about 5,000 rpm. I discovered this when I opened it up on a straight stretch of road and felt the front wheel lifting off the tarmac when the engine hit the sweet spot. I slowed down, turned around in a farmer's gateway, delivered the bike back to it's owner and said "Meh!" when he asked me what I thought of it!
  2. Much younger (about 40) I owned a BMW R100RT. To get to the main road, I had to navigate the pots on the bike between two sinks that were laid across a track to prevent cars from entering. One cold morning (and in a hurry) I didn't wait for the engine to warm up properly and set off down the track. Just before I reached the sinks the engine died because I had shut the choke in. Obviously, I turned the throttle up a bit and before I had time to react the engine kicked in again and I pulled a wheely as the pots soared above the sinks! Later the same day a young lad told me "Wow! I don't have the balls to pull a stunt like that on a BMW costing thousands." Neither did I but I didn't correct him!
Happy Days!

I will be 70 next year and still enjoy my bikes: BMW K1200R, and a classic Honda CBR 1000 F.
2 bikes2.jpg

I saw some guy doing a wheelie down 8 Mile (same as the M&M movie) in the snow. The bike was kinda like one of the 70s style bikes. I just shook my head.
Neighbor had one of those bikes in the OP video. Mr. Dudley. Police officer. Had one of those helmets too that you snap the shield onto the helmet. The man also built a dune buggy from scratch. He was using a blow torch constantly while assembling the frame and so on.
I've never done a wheelie and don't plan on it.

Back