One-way ticket to Rwanda for some UK asylum seekers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still only 7% between them why are Labour not miles ahead?
I wonder that constantly. Even if I ask people, they go "I know Boris is a liar, but it's better than having Corbin/Starmer run the country". When I ask why, they can't give me any reason. 🤷‍♂️. That's the power of the Tory press. Sew fear, uncertainty and doubt into the collective consciousness.

Nice to see the Lib Dems making gains again

Totally different times. Remember in those days if a minister made a mistake they walked, no questions. Today repeated lies/mistruths are unchallenged, it's almost a prerequisite that ministers have dodgy history.
To hear people say Johnson has done a good job because they've been told that he has (by himself or his acolytes) is disheartening to say the least.
The only way out is to have an alliance between Labour/LD/Greens to oust them

When I ask why, they can't give me any reason. 🤷‍♂️. That's the power of the Tory press. Sew fear, uncertainty and doubt into the collective consciousness.

I keep reading this and in my opinion its nonsense everyone in the country knows what Boris is about its all over the news and papers weekly and has been for many months yet the polls has been around 7% for the same amount of time, the problem for Starmer is he lacks charisma and never does well in PMQ's, Starmer has not made the most of the situation with Boris and that's why they are not leaving the Tories behind in the polls.

Last edited:
I would imagine that after the chaos planned by the unions ,which is obviously backed by labour ,the Labour party;s support will plummet .

I would imagine that after the chaos planned by the unions ,which is obviously backed by labour ,the Labour party;s support will plummet .
Of course it will, just as the Tories and right wing media planned when they cut the funding, made the RMT wait for three years for a raise and walked away from the talks in March!

Check out the response:

Enjoy!
:hat:

The government are obviously playing that card, I do think that they might not have taken this trick, though.
I think that it depends whether trumps are strikes, partygate, Johnson or ???

About 20 years ago, I worked for what's now called the Border and Immigration Agency. Even back then (or especially back then, as this is when this business was in primary fermentation), it was a back-and-forth between the courts and Tony Blair's government. We were told to refuse most asylum applications, in the knowledge half of them would be overturned on appeal, and the other half would disappear. Attempted new policies, like withdrawing benefits from refused asylum seekers, had millions upon millions of pounds worth of legal aid judicial reviews thrown in the way. It was a great gravy train for lawyers. Probably still is.

Right now, it's even more of a gravy train for the hospitality industry in the UK, as the government is a huge customer. I mean, 4-star and 5-star hotels are booked up all year round with asylum seekers. I think the government is far from serious with the Rwanda stunt. They're just playing up to populist expectations. If they were serious they could just film the interior of these country hotels and Holiday Inns, and make it widely known through sympathetic press channels. But they aren't doing that. They know full well that nobody is actually going to Rwanda. They will use this to prop up some political support. I think they're very politically savvy, and they have learned that the working class in this country is actually capitalist, i.e. that the electricians and other skilled trades may call themselves Labour, but they're actually interested in running around making money and having fun. I don't think the Labour party understands that at all. Conversely, working class people aren't politically savvy in the slightest. They don't understand a thing about political or administrative law. They don't know how our theoretical unwritten constitution and its conventions. They didn't understand the implications of the EU. Neither do they even grasp the basics of the obstacles in the way of putting populist policies such as the Rwanda thing into practice. In reality, people are very good at whatever they do, but then when it comes to reality, they buy hamburgers (which cost a lot more, and are less tasty, than what you can cook at home). It's not a really intellectually savvy nation. People just want the good times to stay, and they vaguely appreciate now that they're disappearing.

Very, very smart government we've got right now, which understands all these things.

Define who are working class people and define why they are not politically savvy. Is this whole message of yours from the Toff’s guide to the working class. It’s an insult. Your not Lord Snooty are you.
1655822467971.jpeg

Nah I'm far from being THAT dude lol.

I'm from a working class background myself, and Labour was in the family. I know it's more about making lemonade if all you've got are lemons. But I took my law degree a long time ago, and I remember things like the pre-Woolf civil procedure rules situation, plus the enormity of Maastricht which nobody seemed to care about or debate except us law students, which amazed me. And that's in the days when newspapers were big and people were smart... Nowadays you look at the comments section in a YouTube video and you see absolute ******** like common law freeman of the land stuff. People got even dumber. I feel that this government fully understands society and people, and has formidable big data tools at its disposal. There's no nice way to put it. Cream (or narcissists and sociopaths) rises to the top because of an advantage. Just a little- not a lot - more brain. That's why I take the perspective I do. They can spin the working class around their little finger. These people are extremely effective and as good as what they do as an aerospace engineer at what they do. Someone from the left who's even better at getting in people's head may take over but at this time it isn't apparent. The Rwanda thing was genius - whoever thought that up has great derision for the working class but understands them better than they do themselves.

……... Just a ulittle- not a lot - more brain. ……
I was rooting for you and your analysis until the phrase above!

Yet again, someone mistakes “education” for “intelligence”!

The UK public have plenty of brains but they are let down by the education system; from Domestic Science to Politics almost everything useful has been wiped off the school curriculum.

Back in the day, we even ran mini-elections at my own school; and (albeit sexist), the girls were taught Domestic Science whilst the boys did Technical Drawing or Woodwork.

Within the private schools (one of the biggest of UK cons because they are named Public Schools) the pupils are educated to the nth degree; that’s why we have a total idiot as Prime Minister!

Let’s lose these class labels. There’s the privileged and the others. The Tories want to keep the divide and miss out on the huge talent within the others but other countries do not that is why they prosper and we do not.

Of course it will, just as the Tories and right wing media planned when they cut the funding, made the RMT wait for three years for a raise and walked away from the talks in March!

Check out the response:

Enjoy!

Check out the response:

Enjoy!

Why would you listen to this ass ****,he was protesting in favour of Putin in the war on Ukraine ,the blokes a commie dinosaur .

The Rwanda thing was genius - whoever thought that up has great derision for the working class but understands them better than they do themselves.
I think you can thank the Aussies for that, asylum seekers were sent to Port Moresby, probably the most dangerous place on earth. That put a stop to the boat people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back