Online Belgian beers shops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerald Witherington

Reaction score
There are a few great Belgian beer shops that will ship to the uk but the postage costs nearly always makes it prohibitive to buy from. There's one or two i buy from where shipping is less than 20 euros for 10-15kg of beer which is fine but others average 60 euros

Could anyone recommend any with reasonable postage and a good range?

I know i can order from some uk online shops with cheaper postage but often the price of the beers can be two or three times more expensive

Thanks in advance for any advice

I used one years ago called The Belgian Beer Factory but they stopped shipping to the UK. Another one I was going to try was call Belgium in a Box but I've just been on their website and it seems they've stopped trading / gone bust. Beerwulf used to do some good prices on some of the more common beers particularly Rochefort which is one of my favourites but they seem to be matching UK prices now or not selling the beer I want.

Be good to hear of some other options. Sometimes wish I lived nearer to Dover as a day trip to fill a car with booze would probably be the easiest option (Covid aside).

Thanks Graz, yes i love a Rochefort too and most of the trappist /abbey ales

I've been looking at finestbelgianbeers who do deliver to the uk and have some great prices - it was 1.34 euros for a bottle of kwak for instance compared to 3-4 euros at most uk online retail sites but 60 plus euros for shipping plus vat for 24 bottles means there's no saving to be had

Similarly saveure-biere.com and yopongoelhielo have got great prices and deliver to the uk but the shipping costs are prohibitive

Would be interesting to know if anyone else has suggestions as there are a couple i know of who ship approx 30 bottles 10-15kg for under 20 euros which works out not too bad and cheaper than buying in the uk

Yes i wished i lived near Dover too...you can get a 6 pack of kwak for 7,50 euros from carrefour (so 1,25 a bottle!) and similarly Westmalle tripel i think worked out at around 1,40 euros a bottle!!!

Sometimes wish I lived nearer to Dover as a day trip to fill a car with booze would probably be the easiest option (Covid aside).

I know what you mean, 18 months ago I did a coach trip to Belgium and we stopped off at a supermarket in France on the way back to Calais, it had a huge selection of Belgian beers with many discounted. I bought as many as I could carry but being on a coach that wasn't many. We were meant to go back last year but of course Covid struck.

Belgian beers appear to be a bit out-of-favour in the UK at the moment, not a lot of selection, they got very popular in the early 90s we even had a local bar dedicated to them.

Be good to hear of some other options. Sometimes wish I lived nearer to Dover as a day trip to fill a car with booze would probably be the easiest option (Covid aside).

It's not quite as attractive as it used to be. Post-brexit, the duty free limit on beer has more than halved from 110 litres to 42 litres.

Latest posts

Back