Online Teaching resources

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brianbrewed

Landlord.
Reaction score
I'm am involved in education for young people with support needs. Like everyone else I am working from home teaching online.
Is there any other people involved in education that could reccommend strategies or programmes/software that are useful.

Here are mine

• Edpuzzle | Make Any Video Your Lesson (online platform where you can create quizs)
  • Padlet (online interactive notice board)
  • Google Forms (alows you to create quizes and questionairres)
  • Youtube (upload your own instructional videos)
  • PBS (an american 'BBC' very useful material for discussion, I'm using 'American Nomads' at the moment) Stream American Nomads on the PBS App
  • TedTalks

A strategy I use is called 'Universal Design for Learning (UDL).' Simply producing material that takes into account the student's circumstances and strenghts.
It's ideal, especially, for students with learning difficulties.

Last edited:
Suggest you provide links to geterbrewed and thehomebrewcompany and sign them up to this forum where they can study chemistry, physics, cytology in the more obscure yeast posts, the nature of time, basic mechanics courtesy of Obadiah. We could have had religion, too, if Angie hadn't removed the thread because there was religion in it. basic arithmetic and strange facts. I think someone's just posted a video on quantum indeterminacy.
All the best.

Edit: I forgot the most important one of all- politics.

Last edited:
Suggest you provide links to geterbrewed and thehomebrewcompany and sign them up to this forum where they can study chemistry, physics, cytology in the more obscure yeast posts, the nature of time, basic mechanics courtesy of Obadiah. We could have had religion, too, if Angie hadn't removed the thread because there was religion in it. basic arithmetic and strange facts. I think someone's just posted a video on quantum indeterminacy.
All the best.

I reckon I'd lose my job if I signed them up here.

Hi BB

I am a Non-Executive Director of Future Directions, a Community Interest Company, that provides support to adults with learning disability and mental health issues who are living in the community

Here is our page with easy read guides - don't know if it would be of any use to you. There is a link to easy read guides to a variety of health issues

http://www.futuredirectionscic.co.uk/mysupport/useful-links.html

Hi BB

I am a Non-Executive Director of Future Directions, a Community Interest Company, that provides support to adults with learning disability and mental health issues who are living in the community

Here is our page with easy read guides - don't know if it would be of any use to you. There is a link to easy read guides to a variety of health issues

http://www.futuredirectionscic.co.uk/mysupport/useful-links.html
You're a dark horse and a fantastic site BTW.My missus would love that as she is a Day care worker in this field and has an Associate Batchelor Degree for Adults with learning disabilities and does she know her stuff.Excellent stuff and keep up the good work as its a struggle in this particular field as most people don't care and haven't a clue if I be totally honest.

You're a dark horse and a fantastic site BTW.My missus would love that as she is a Day care worker in this field and has an Associate Batchelor Degree for Adults with learning disabilities and does she know her stuff.Excellent stuff and keep up the good work as its a struggle in this particular field as most people don't care and haven't a clue if I be totally honest.
You're a dark horse
Well we all know the saying "dark horses run deep"

Back