Ooops Overheated Fermentation Chamber

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went out to the garage to start cold crashing my latest batch and noticed the Inkbird probe had been pulled out of the Fridge. I'm taken a gravity reading earlier in the week and it was was down at 1.006 so fermentation was pretty much done.

I've replaced the probe and the chamber is about 36c and probably has been for 2-3 days. I'm assuming it will be okay and I'm going to crash it down to 3c over the next 24 hours and treat it as I normally would.

Will it be okay or is it a ditch it job?

The yeast was US-05

Went out to the garage to start cold crashing my latest batch and noticed the Inkbird probe had been pulled out of the Fridge. I'm taken a gravity reading earlier in the week and it was was down at 1.006 so fermentation was pretty much done.

I've replaced the probe and the chamber is about 36c and probably has been for 2-3 days. I'm assuming it will be okay and I'm going to crash it down to 3c over the next 24 hours and treat it as I normally would.

Will it be okay or is it a ditch it job?

The yeast was US-05
You've probably suffered some autolysis, the only way to tell if it will be rough or not is to drink some!

Latest posts

Back