Orange and Pineapple wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oh..my..head!

Reaction score
1l orange juice
1l pineapple juice
active yeast
pectic enzyme
4kg sugar
top up to 4 gallon with cold water

got a yeast starter going a couple of hours before starting the batch

Morrisons orange and pineapple juice into a sterilised bucket.
fill to 2 gallon with cold water
dissolve the 4kg of sugar in 2l of hot water in a gallon pan this will fill the gallon pan as the sugar dissolves and add to the fruit juice.
top up to 4 gallons with cold water in a 5 gallon bucket...this gives room for the nuclear boom and attempted escape once this stuff gets going.
Add the pectic enzyme and active yeast and nutrient.
initial s.g. 1085

intend to rack into demijohns in 2-3 days once the ferment slows.

Beware the pineapple fermentation.

Are you sure you've got enough juice in there though, I normally have 2L in a one gallon WOW, could be a bit thin with 2L in 4 gallons?

Ey up, thanks for dropping me a line. I have made this recipe many times before it is straight out of c.j.j.berry first steps manual and does indeed have quite a delicate flavour that i quite like. I know what you mean about the pineapple ferment hence a 4 gallon batch in a 5 gallon bucket, i haven't had one escape from the bucket yet but......HA HA....once this batch is in the demijohns i am going to make a batch more to the recipe that you are all using on here with much more juice in and see how it comes out. Do you have a favorite WOW recipe?
all the best
Adrian

@oh..my..head! I done a few WOWs over time having been introduced to the concept through here, they've pretty much all turned out well and in fact a pineapple one that I made was up there. The "bog standard" red grape and apple juice is very good and I'm going to make 5 gallons of that soon. There's a long thread with recipes and the red grape and apple on is at the top: https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/...d-wurzels-orange-wine-wow-recipes-only.33606/

The pineapple I did was 1L of pinapple, 1L white grape, about 800-900g of sugar, cup of strong tea and all the other stuff you usually lob in topped up to 1 gallon, it was in a demijohn and tried to climb out. Had to hastily rig up a blow off tube in place of the airlock :laugh8: Alas white grape juice is really hard to get hold of now but I'm sure it would be just as good with red.

steady 24c...........attempting to climb out of the bucket now.........acheers...plenty of headspace keeping it where it is supposed to be.....Result!

Latest posts

Back