Orange Citra

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baz Chaz

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just had to brew today, just finished my brew 'cabinet', wife wanted a new fridge for utility room/kitchen refurb, so I got the old fridge to play with.

15 litre batch
2.7 kg Marris otter
100g crystal 150
100g wheat malt

10g citra pellet @ 60 mins/15mins/flame out
15g orange peel

Kveik voss yeast.

Og 1.042
FG 1.011
ABV 4.22%
ECB 19.9
IBU 35.5

Mash 60 mins boil 60 mins.

Thoroughly enjoyed my morning, couple of pics attached. I asked if the Inkbird was as easy to use as it sounded ..... it was, just brilliant!
Thanks for the tips re heater and inkbird, heater cable went through the drain, drilled a hole through side for temp probe, suitably protected by some rubber tubing!

IMG_20200715_123030203.jpg
IMG_20200715_125409811.jpg

Last edited:
10g of hops, that's not going to have much of the citra characteristics. I would have put 50g in it with plenty of late and some dry hopping.

10g of hops, that's not going to have much of the citra characteristics. I would have put 50g in it with plenty of late and some dry hopping.

It's not got 10g it's got 30g overall, 3 x 10 g in 15 litre, made a similar brew 3 weeks ago, very nice afternoon ale!

Let us know how it compares as I'm still wondering if high ferm temps blow off a lot of the late hopping and if it's better moving it to a dry hop after letting it cool.
Must admit I'm still experimenting with the Kveik yeast .... it's as barmy as I am!
The previous brew with the other half of the packet was very impressive, nearly emptied the airlock in the first couple of days, (those yeasties know how to party)
Difficult to say about the high temps and any adverse effects, let's just say it turned out to be very satisfying brew with plenty of flavour!

Of course, I didn't have quite the temperature control I now have ...... :laugh8: :cool: athumb..

Latest posts

Back