Order of drinking beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Summer days seem a long way off now, especially with the forecast. Burton Bridge Brewery, despite that I used to live in Derby and considered myself a real ale drinker when the Brewery was founded I have never visited.
I have just made one of their Burton Bridge Brewery - Summer Ale's and after only 2 weeks in the bottle it was tasting rather nice. May be made it the wrong time of year now that the summer has well and truly gone, but if it remains this nice I will be making more for sure.

Regarding festivals, the original plan was to start with a light, low ABV effort and then work up to my favourites, the stronger dark beers. One year I'd got near the end and went off to buy the final beer of the night. Not so naive to think they'd all still be on, there was a list of four. All finished. Since then, to hell with the pale stuff.
+1 - but assuming beer was not going to run out low, light and restrained >> strong dark & bonkers. In spoons I'd always do sixpoint the crisp, bengali and then their stouts because after a RESIN your taste buds packed up for the night.

I find going out with a crowd sometimes difficult especially when it's Carling,Fosters,John Smiths or Guinness pubs. I've skipped a drink in some places as I'd sooner drink nowt than ****...
@Clint - wine helps in these cases if you can stand abusive banter from your mates wink... - tell them you've decided to get p155'ed quicker as less to drink.

Back