Organ Donation?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes I wonder why we talk about 'the government' in such a them-and-us manner. In this case the beneficiaries of this policy are us, the users of the NHS, not 'the government'.

:coat:At the moment I call myself a Turkey as that is what I identify as so I would be exempt

If you don't opt out, the state makes claim on your organs unless you are in one of the following excluded groups;

Those under the age of 18

People who lack the mental capacity to understand the new arrangements and take the necessary action

Visitors to England, and those not living here voluntarily

People who have lived in England for less than 12 months before their death

It's opt-out in the Netherlands too. Unless you state officially you don't want to donate, you're a donor.
I stated that my next of kin decide how or what. I mean, skin donors are donors too. Plenty of that.

I have no problem with this, I'm already worth more as scrap metal when I'm dead. All the titanium bits in me all provided free by the NHS

Absolutly support the idea of mandatory donation as long as you can veto it and opt out,and that wish is kept.

as for would I? the answer to that is never. i used to beleive it it and carried that thin blue and red card for many years. Along comes George Best and many others similar that use their fame and fortune to bypass everyone else and you soon realise how curroupt the system is and how many wealthy and rich and famous people benifit from it and thats me off the list and gone.

i dont even give blood anymore and thats a guy with an old gold book not a novice blue one, went somewhere was treated like utter scum and never will i return from that either, and thats an O neg off the list

I wonder if those who don't want to donate their organs would be prepared to accept a donated organ if it was a matter of life and death. Seems a bit selfish to me if they would accept an organ to save their own or one of their family members lives, but not be prepared to help by donating their organs. Especially when they are dead and have no more use for the organs. Just recycling really.
David Mitchell made me laugh with his rant at around the 2 minute 10 second mark

…...I imagine there is quite a line up for Ron Jeremys organ.

...Ill get my coat...….

The fact is loads and loads people do not know how to opt in or opt out, and it is a personal choice so to just sweep those people up is not right. And to say 'you are dead what does it matter', it matters to the people closest to you and that are left behind. Those who say it should be mandatory are plain wrong. Nature is the important thing. Think about it. Its ok I don't expect you to agree

The fact is loads and loads people do not know how to opt in or opt out, and it is a personal choice so to just sweep those people up is not right. And to say 'you are dead what does it matter', it matters to the people closest to you and that are left behind. Those who say it should be mandatory are plain wrong. Nature is the important thing. Think about it. Its ok I don't expect you to agree
If I was dead and my organs cremated along with my body, what difference would it make had my organs not been in the casket? My wife and kids wont miss my organs, they would miss me as a person, not a lung (that's obviously no longer needed)... That could be used for to prevent a death or make a child's quality of life better or even research into lung cancer.

I wonder if those who don't want to donate their organs would be prepared to accept a donated organ if it was a matter of life and death. Seems a bit selfish to me if they would accept an organ to save their own or one of their family members lives, but not be prepared to help by donating their organs. Especially when they are dead and have no more use for the organs. Just recycling really.
David Mitchell made me laugh with his rant at around the 2 minute 10 second mark

So, would that also work if it were an OPT-IN system?

So, would that also work if it were an OPT-IN system?
My own personal opinion is that it should be mandatory, organ donations save a lot of lives, there are people suffering on waiting lists waiting for a body part, its like the deceased's cloths they go to the op shop to be recycled why not useful organs. The rest of the body should be composted and the bones collected and ground into gelatin.

Back