Organ Donation?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it should be an opt out deal. ie automatically an organ donor unless expressed otherwise.

Of no use to you dead and why should others not benefit from something which is no longer going to help you.

Religious reason and/or otherwise aside - I think organ donation is a great idea.

I think it should be an opt out deal. ie automatically an organ donor unless expressed otherwise.

Of no use to you dead and why should others not benefit from something which is no longer going to help you.

Religious reason and/or otherwise aside - I think organ donation is a great idea.
Not many people think it’s a good idea to donate, until they need one..... they turn from cynics to ambassadors overnight.
Also, theirs not too many Atheists on a sinking ship

It’s something I’ve never really thought about so I guess these discussions are healthy, it’s easy to be selfish and say not my body but as soon as I think of my son and daughter needing an organ, discussion over, I’m in

I will just keep replying to my own posts to annoy everybody
I guess it’s all about how you have been mentally shaped, we go to church (I know,it’s hard to believe) and one of the younger pastors there said to me “ I can’t understand how someone could be in the frame of mind to contemplate suicide”
Said to him you have obviously never been stretched enough in life (not his fault,privileged) no one knows or can judge another humans emotions or breaking point.
Experience shapes us whether we like it or not.im going to bed now
Drunk

They can have whatever they can make use of, like previously posted my liver will probably be no use...and I want to keep my eyes .

They are welcome to what is of use from me - and I'm pleased they've made this change, will take a good few years until the get the messaging right I'm sure, but it is the right thing to do. Though I totally respect anyone that want to opt out for any reason at all. It is your body after all ;)

My sister in law reported not seeing an elderly neighbour for 3 days so the police attended and found here in an insulin coma. She had no relatives in Australia but had an organ donors card, my sister in law had to go and identify here and sign the paperwork for the parts removed which were her eye balls, lungs, even though she had asthma and a couple of other bits and pieces. I wonder if some bits go for medical science?

Further to the above post, my wife informs me that the woman in the coma moved, either a finger or her head so they can't take her off life support. Also the asthmatic lungs are for a male patient, so the asthma couldn't have been so severe.

I was skeptical about cellular memory transfer, though I am inclined to believe genetic memory transfer, seems memory can be transferred.
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-44111476

Back