Other hobbies

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m the first on the left.

3A44D7E4-FDF7-4AE7-8BF4-B0C53067BBC7.jpeg
375EA5D7-12C6-4CF6-BC05-402159A79D9B.jpeg

Last edited:
Music. Listening and playing, mainly indie rock. Was supposed to be at Kendal calling last week, gutted can't go to gigs or festivals at minute. Started playing guitar a bit more in lockdown as well.

Kids take up a lot of my time as well.

Want to take up paddle boarding
My kids went to Kendal this time. Lovely to see them doing things together. The boys are mine.

1B8BAC68-628A-4496-AD0B-65BA1073C331.jpeg

Bit late to this thread.

Over the last 15 years I have been in to fishing,scuba diving ,golf and mountain biking. Since having second round of kids😲 only really have time to be obsessed with one hobby. Kept all my gear so as the kids get older they may want to fish or play golf so I would say I'm having a break and I'll come back to them.
Still play golf occasionally if someone nags me into playing but I like to have plenty of notice so I can put a few weeks of practice in, I don't enjoy it when I'm not playing to previous standards so if I can't practice I would rather not bother at all .

looks like im the first to add breeding and showing pedigree cattle to the list then
View attachment 73105View attachment 73106
Lovely looking bull , now where's the horseradish.

Many moons ago o worked on a farm near rye, mostly sheep but they had a few stud bulls , 2 were so friendly like giant dogs, the 3rd one artamis was a sneaky ass that took great amusement in gently but purposefully knocking you over into the biggest muddiest puddle around , or he would just fart at you.
Such a charmer

Bet you get a lot of meat from a deer, apparently there's millions too many deer in the woods, and a few species are non native, and they eat all the small trees and make it bare, so we're encouraged to eat them. Although they're probably eating the very same trees that we would be cutting down in a few years to build houses on 🤣
Hunting's rife here in France and the hunting lobby is very strong. I've never seen deer being shot, though, and they (roe deer) become more and more numerous every year. Never heard complaints that they do any damage though. Boar, on the other hand, have been hunted to extinction and they've had to be reintroduced.

Nice rifle the HW95 , I was always torn between this one and the air arms TX200, went with the AA in the end as the gunshop had a better deal on the set up. nice grouping by the way thumb.
Yep - not much between the TX200 and the HW97K - I went for the 97 because I'm a leftie, and the loading port is ambidextrous, whereas on the TX, it is biased for the right handed, as is it's anti bear trap mechanism.

Bet you get a lot of meat from a deer, apparently there's millions too many deer in the woods, and a few species are non native, and they eat all the small trees and make it bare, so we're encouraged to eat them. Although they're probably eating the very same trees that we would be cutting down in a few years to build houses on 🤣

I don't understand why we're not eating more venison. The deer population has exploded in the UK in recent years, the meat is low in fat and cholesterol (and really tasty), yet probably because they have sweet little faces, we just blindly carry on eating cows, sheep and pigs. We should also be eating more rabbits and pigeon - the things are everywhere.

Yep - not much between the TX200 and the HW97K - I went for the 97 because I'm a leftie, and the loading port is ambidextrous, whereas on the TX, it is biased for the right handed, as is it's anti bear trap mechanism.
I'm a leftie too ! but somethings seem more natural to use my right hand, golf, shooting, yet I use to play squash left handed and pool and throw darts with my left hand 🤣
I saw a great Tshirt on a guy who was very old at the pub on tuesday evening and it said "only left handed people are in their right minds" :laugh8:
given my apparently selective ambidextrousness I have no idea where my brain is at!

I don't understand why we're not eating more venison. The deer population has exploded in the UK in recent years, the meat is low in fat and cholesterol (and really tasty), yet probably because they have sweet little faces, we just blindly carry on eating cows, sheep and pigs. We should also be eating more rabbits and pigeon - the things are everywhere.
Love venison! the best I ever had was in Porlock valley near Minehead years ago, ahhh food memories lol

I'm a leftie too ! but somethings seem more natural to use my right hand, golf, shooting, yet I use to play squash left handed and pool and throw darts with my left hand 🤣
I saw a great Tshirt on a guy who was very old at the pub on tuesday evening and it said "only left handed people are in their right minds" :laugh8:
given my apparently selective ambidextrousness I have no idea where my brain is at!
We make the best shots. My Father is a leftie too and was a champion Navy marksman.

I had a HW90 k Theoben gas ram rifle, it was the dogs!. Had to sell, but have been kicking myself since as it was the best rifle, so quiet and an excellent dispatcher of vermin!

My other hobbies/chores in order of when I started each.
Wine making
Golf caddy - collecting golf balls
Golf - losing golf balls
Visiting ports around the world - Job
Land Rovers - no longer have one sad
Camping all types now Motorhome
Narrowboat pub crawling on canals
Motorcycle also included in camping
Model Railway (for my wife) and all the various hobby crafts that goes with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loads of Red Deer in Scotland. They are huge and delicious. Until about 1,000 the populations were kept in check as they were hunted by Brown Bears but they were hunted to extinction in the wild in the UK.

Back