Other hobbies

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love anything that gets the brain box ticking.
I've just picked up a hobby CNC machine to get me going, I have a few ideas for projects.
I also have my feet under the table with home automation, I've been running one for a number of years now, I love the challenge of getting thing working from basic ideas.
I love building things with my hands without clear plans, just flow organically.
Just finished my keezer.

And today is my first day back at the gym after lock down.
I'll be walking like John Wayne all weekend 😄

Can you tell I've retired? 😂😂

I love hobbies and I’m lucky my wife supports me with them. I enjoy motorcycles and racing, F1, I have a 1957 Chevy truck, I fly Radio Controlled Helicopters and planes, I play guitar, bass and drums and gig with a function band, I build guitars and basses.
I like to keep myself busy and skint......

It's good to have interests...I got mates who's wife's don't "allow" them to do anything...I must say they'd have been kicked into touch..I don't allow my kids to set the house on fire...there's sensible!

Growing fruit and veg. We have a small orchard but no apples, pears or plums this year as a frost (-6c) in late May killed all the blossom. Son is gutted as he normally makes cider. A 36ft polytunnel keeps me busy and we have just put a cover on another old frame the same size. Not sure what to grow in it yet, thinking of 3 or 4 grape vines to start. Three Alpacas, 30 chickens, 2 friendly geese and 2 labradors to keep happy as well. Also member of a spinning, weaving and dyeing guild.

Sailing, growing vegetables, fishing off the boat and bread making. (The self sufficiency thing/ it’s the making things from scratch) I like to be outside whenever possible. My husband puts up with the beer paraphernalia and the boat paraphernalia and also digs the garden - so I can’t complain.

Motorcycling and Euro track days !
Although the track Days are knocked on the head after a big accident in Spain November. More time to make Beer 😊

I like cooking. In hobby terms, curing and smoking is my current flavour.

I like going out on my bike.

I like boxing but currently have no one to train with as my forming training partner rapped it 😕

Morris dancing, Mari Lwyding, bagpiping.
This kind of sums it up:

1485 - Chepstow wassail  (caroline).jpg

Morris dancing, Mari Lwyding, bagpiping.
This kind of sums it up:

View attachment 30566

Nice to see another piper. I think there’s a few on this forum actually. I started a few years ago so building up my reportoire (and cursing taorluaths)

BanBeer said:
We have been to Austria, France, Andorra, Italy but mostly to Canada (14 times) last there in Jan/Feb this year in Banff

I’ve not done Canada. I’ve skiied (and boarded) France, Italy, Scotland (mainly by Braille) but mainly Austria, which is my favourite.

Mountain biking, and detailing cars.

Generally get out on my bike twice a week, but with the Covid restrictions in my area that has been curtailed for the moment ( I donot ride on my own for safety).

Car was washed as detailed on Friday last, then Sunday, and it willbe washed again on Sunday :)

PS @Hagrid, my sport is hockey, once a Flyer, always a Flyer (Fife).

I just play around with a beginners session. I’ve been offered a place between the pipes for a beer league (Flintshire Phantoms) side but I just can’t commit. What position do you play?

Latest posts

Back