Over night chilling

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

Tommo 2

Regular.
Reaction score
When doing an over night chill does it have to be in the dark, my question is can beer get skunked if left somewhere light to chill in my case the conservatory which is cooler than where I brew the beer under the stairs , or better to leave it where I brew until pitching temperature is reached. Cheers guys in advance. 👍🍻

Robin54

Landlord.
Reaction score
It's dark at night
Richard is right unless you are brewing above the Artic Circle, where things get confusing to home brewers.
This is mainly due to the length of day light hours and the fact that you may be spinning around alot
faster up there, not to mention all sorts of magnetic shenanigans. Its all very weird, usually confirmed
by a few of your finest home brews.

bobukbrewer

Landlord.
Reaction score
the further north, you spin slower, but don't ask me about if you were standing exactly on the top spinning axis, and if you walked 10 metres "south" from there and walked west for 1 mile, and how many time zones you would cross.....

DuncR

Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a serious note… last nights super flower moon lunar eclipse must have reduced light levels. Fortunately it’s always cloudy here in lancs do not a problem

consum

Reaction score
I have often fermented in a room that gets daylight, I assumed the white plastic stops enough light from getting though...but maybe Ive been wrong all these years?!

Latest posts