Overcarbed corny . Help !

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattyde05

Reaction score
Hi so I over carbed my corny . I’ve got it back to where I want it now by the shake and release the pressure method , but not quite sure what to do now ? Do I set it at serving psi and leave it ? Am just worried it will over carb again .
Thanks

I think you need to provide more info. What pressure did you carb to, what temperature. How are you serving? What pressure are you now planning to serve at? What beer are you serving?

Without this info it is hard to give specific advice, but in general if you are serving at 10psi or so, if you set it at that it won't overcarb, assuming your regulator is working correctly!

Why can't you use a serving pressure that will not over carb it?
I would assume he was attempting either burst carbonation or the “crank and shake” method. You see people overcarbing from those method all the time on Facebook Brewing groups.

I pressured at 30 psi and rolled it on the floor for a bit . Then set it to 15 over night . When I checked in the morning it had gone up to 20 . It’s a pilsner smash I made I crash it to 2c then used the above method . I haven’t got a kegeroter yet so it’s at room temp . I wanted to serve at about 12 c

Hi yeah from a party tap set that I got from the malt miller . I’ve order some more line so I can try that . I’ve got the keg back to the right carb level now . I wanted to know if I should just leave it on serving pressure from now ?

I pressured at 30 psi and rolled it on the floor for a bit . Then set it to 15 over night . When I checked in the morning it had gone up to 20 . It’s a pilsner smash I made I crash it to 2c then used the above method . I haven’t got a kegeroter yet so it’s at room temp . I wanted to serve at about 12 c
As the beer warms up, CO2 will come out of solution, increasing pressure in headspace, so I imagine that's the cause of the increased pressure come morning.
Is there any reason you can't do the "set and forget" method? It would save the energy of cooling it down only to have it warm up again, and will likely be more reliable in terms of obtaining the desired volume of CO2 in the beer.

Hi yeah from a party tap set that I got from the malt miller . I’ve order some more line so I can try that . I’ve got the keg back to the right carb level now . I wanted to know if I should just leave it on serving pressure from now ?
Yes just set at serving pressure and leave it.

I was just impatient to try the beer that’s why I did it the way I did . Lesson learned though and will set and forget from now on . I am also in the process of sorting a fridge so I can keep it at right temp . Thanks for the help 👍🏻

I was just impatient to try the beer that’s why I did it the way I did . Lesson learned though and will set and forget from now on . I am also in the process of sorting a fridge so I can keep it at right temp . Thanks for the help 👍🏻
Sounds good. I am eagerliy waiting to get started on my keezer build for the same reason.

Latest posts

Back