Packing a Beer hand pull

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have i not understood the question right ? A carboard box and some bubble wrap and or news paper

Put it in a small coffin and pack it out with dried hops that will get the customs officials very excited until they get the test results back :P

Seriously though, I also would package it with loads of bubble wrap and parcel tape then put it into a cardboard box. If they want to open it at customs they should be expected to package it back up appropriately after.

£50-£70 odd quid to Wisconsin area...woo hoo.... get thee wallet out

If it is going to our good friend Barry then i would make a nice wooden box for it. That is how we send pictures of value out. Get you local timber merchants to cut you some 12 or 15mm mdf for the sides and perhaps something thinner for the top and bottom and make a box. Pack well with bubble wrap ( large bubbles are best) or polystyrene chips or breast implants if you have any (those pneumatic packaging air bags) . Screw on top and them I would either wrap in strong brown paper of tape up all the joints. Then get it weighed again ( it will probably have added a couple of KG) and get DHL on the job.

:thumb: :thumb:

I would dismantle the handle if you can, that will drastically reduce the length and make packing easier. You may also want to take off the swan neck. It can soon be reassembled the other end. Then bubble wrap and a reasonably sturdy cardboard box should do it with decent quality parcel tape.

evanvine said:
If they want to open it at customs they should be expected to package it back up appropriately after.
Yeah, pigs might fly!

Take picture evidence of how carefully it was packed when sending. Use a courier and make sure the item is appropriately insured, customs should repackage as it was received, if its damaged at the other end the recipient needs to take photos and you make a claim from the courier and so long as the evidence backs up the claim they have to pay out or its a small claims court job.

Not that it will matter to you but the courier would most likely make a claim to whichever customs office handled the item badly.

Equally if you receive an item which has been examined and damaged or parts are missing then the UKBA website has contact details to take that up with them.

I'm sure I'm on some UK "list" after my run in with customs May of last year! :lol:

May not see this for months after Jim ships it.

Jim! Are you making a mockery of my Amish religion?? :shock:

It's no wonder the pilgrims left England for the new world what with religious intolerance like that! :rofl:

I thought your Amish forefathers came from Switzerland, Germany and the Low Countries :whistle: :whistle:

Latest posts

Back