Paloma Faith thinks....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zaphod_B

Reaction score
Quote from BBC article...

Many music stars turned up to the Brit Awards wearing or carrying white roses as a mark of support for the Time's Up and Me Too movements.

But Paloma Faith told BBC News: "The only thing I'm upset about tonight is not more men carrying white roses. I think they should have."

She pinned a rose to a member of Group Royal Blood on the red carpet.

Faith explained: "I put a white rose on one of them, which I think is really important. Because I think men should support."

Performers first adopted the white rose at this month's Grammy Awards as a symbol of solidarity with victims of harassment and abuse.

Faith, who was nominated for best British female, said pop stars had a platform to make a statement on behalf of all women.

"What I think is really important is that we're speaking across the board for women because I have never met a woman who hasn't experienced it in any profession," she said.

Sheeran said the Me Too and Time's Up campaigns were long overdue.

"I think it should have happened sooner, but I'm glad it is happening," he told BBC News. "It's nice that people are aware of it now."

The stars were speaking as they arrived for the annual awards ceremony at London's O2 Arena.

Read more - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43147610

Am just wondering how Ms Faith would have reacted if a man walked up and pinned a Father's For Justice badge on her without asking...

Don't get me wrong I think #MeToo is a positive thing, although it should apply to inappropriate behaviour by both sexes (speaking from experience!)

Last edited by a moderator:
If pinning a rose to a bloke gets more people talking about what is behind it then i see no harm, i didn't watch the show so until i just read this hadn't a clue what it meant.

What is the Time's Up movement?

Time’s Up is an initiative created by 300 female Hollywood actors, executives, writers and directors to “counter systemic sexual harassment in the entertainment business”.

It was formed in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein allegations back in October.

The initiative created pins which many attendees proudly wore at this year's Golden Globes ceremony.

Oprah Winfrey gave a powerful speech at the event, and said: “I think that wearing black in solidarity is one step. I think that what Time's Up is doing with a legal defence fund is a major step.

"It was very important to all of us involved with Time's Up that it not just be about the women of Hollywood because we're already a privileged group but to extend to the women of the world because as I said tonight there isn't a culture, a race, a religion, a politic, a workplace that hasn't been affected by it."

The Sun.

Last edited:
Paloma Faith thinks. What is your evidence for this?

I might take her seriously if she stopped talking in that little girl's voice and she was rubbish as a coach on The Voice.

Any movement, action etc that is designed to promote rights is a good thing. It’s made the subject come into discussion everywhere; even on a home brew/beer forum.... job done.

My sister in laws niece was a budding pop star, she could certainly knock out a tune and had a couple of singles produced by the same company that shot Rihanna to fame. She got so far but before they would put the big money into her and fund the album and the tour she was told that she either gave it up to......a company director or producer or general scumbag or her career died. She told them to Foxtrot Oscar and her career died overnight. Its the young girls and boys who have nothing behind them that this hits the hardest, they're talented and willing to put the work in but if they're at the mercy of these scumbags who will only promote the ones willing to sell themselves to make it. It's a disgusting, un-talked about side of on our entertainment, fashion and more than I can probably imagine industries that this still goes on in this day and age.

Back