Pandemic deliveries just not cutting it.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerryjo

Still brewing though never get much time....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got home tonight after work to a delivery I ordered last week with sheer anticipation as I have a new shiny item coming tomorrow. Full of enthusiasm opening the parcel which turned to being absolutely fuming. I shan't be naming any company as I have emailed them regarding this issue.
What gets me is spending hard earned cash on quality items to find it in such a state.
I do understand the situation due to COVID19 but I have never had this before with the supplier or the delivery service the latter of whom I've used quite regularly.
I do apologise for the rant but I'm so p>##~d off with this as my plans for tomorrow are up the left and will probably not happen until next week.
I sympathise with others and know we are all under pressure but a little care and attention goes a long way. 😡😡😠

I can have a good guess which courier it was. There's one courier that if I know a company uses them I won't order from them.
Of the last 5 deliveries by them, three never got delivered (well not to me) and the other two had the packing ripped to shreds. Their name resembles an STI (herpes), and they are equally undesirable and difficult to have to deal with.

I can have a good guess which courier it was. There's one courier that if I know a company uses them I won't order from them.
Of the last 5 deliveries by them, three never got delivered (well not to me) and the other two had the packing ripped to shreds. Their name resembles an STI (herpes), and they are equally undesirable and difficult to have to deal with.
No if it was I would not hesitate..

We use this particular company that sounds like (Herpes) at work to deliver... stuff. They make me so angry. I can’t believe anyone still uses this company. They just seem to go by there very own rule book. A rule book that I am sure is firmly lodged somewhere behind the men’s toilets, propping up the U bend. 😡

Yeah,fair comment...let's wait and see what happens...
Then if they don't get their a**e into gear we'll get down there like 10 men and sort it out...
Well I'm sure they will as I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt and would rather sort it out than air it in public...

We had a whole thread dedicated to a particular courier on my OU forum because they standardly did **** things with peoples course books.
Left in the rain, left in the bin, left in the hedge, left in pieces, happened all the time.

Spelt a bit like Model. Lol

We had a whole thread dedicated to a particular courier on my OU forum because they standardly did **** things with peoples course books.
Left in the rain, left in the bin, left in the hedge, left in pieces, happened all the time.

Spelt a bit like Model. Lol

I dont know why people are being so coy. People need to know these things so they can make a decision as to whether to buy from companies that use these couriers. Both Hermes (in particular) and Yodal have bad reputations (in some quarters).
@Gerryjo has given his reasons for not naming names yet. But if they don't come through for him I dont think he should feel prevented (by forum rules etc) that he shouldn't name the company if he wants to

I dont know why people are being so coy. People need to know these things so they can make a decision as to whether to buy from companies that use these couriers. Both Hermes (in particular) and Yodal have bad reputations (in some quarters).
@Gerryjo has given his reasons for not naming names yet. But if they don't come through for him I dont think he should feel prevented (by forum rules etc) that he shouldn't name the company if he wants to
You're quite right in what you say as both companies have given me great reliable service over the years and I do understand the pressure they will be under during this present climate. I'd rather wait for a response from the supplier first as is only fair and even then I may not reveal as this is a thread about pandemic deliveries and how its affecting us all.

Home brew companies are getting hammered with loads more traffic and orders than normal. With people starting the hobby or rejoining like me I waited 3 weeks for my first delivery only for it to look Royal Fail had shot it from a catapult in the vague direction of my house. Despite this because of the careful packing of the retailer the glass bottles were intact they did manage to crack and split the bottom of the large fermentation bucket thankfully I noticed it when I was cleaning it or I definitely would not have got my security deposit back. 23litres of red wine leaking into the downstairs flat wouldnt have made my downstairs neighbour happy either 20200427_212600.jpg20200427_212600.jpg

Surprised they found my address as they obviously cant readIMG-20200428-WA0007.jpeg

Attachments

• 20200428_110436.jpg
    20200428_110436.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 115
The other day we ordered some caterpillars for my son, and on the box in large green writing is written ‘FRAGILE’. I actually watched the postman throw the box at my feet when it was delivered lol.

Luckily they are quite resilient and were not harmed.

The other day we ordered some caterpillars for my son, and on the box in large green writing is written ‘FRAGILE’. I actually watched the postman throw the box at my feet when it was delivered lol.

Luckily they are quite resilient and were not harmed.

I know things are tough at the moment but veg is pretty cheap from ASDA. You dont need to feed your kid insects!

So spoke with the supplier today and he shall be talking with his delivery agent. All I wanted to do was vent frustration and have it acknowledged as whatever I had ordered was still usable.
So who was it?
Sorry but I shan't be revealing but nows a good time to vent if you are having delivery issues.

Back