Party star basics

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrislane

Reaction score
Apologies if these questions (and they really are basic!) are covered elsewhere but I have searched and can't find the answers.

I have just got a party star tap for Christmas and given it its first use. When I finished my mini keg I ensured that the co2 dial was on what I thought was closed and tried to take the tap out. Unfortunately it sounded like I lost all of the co2 left in the canister. Should I be able to take the tap out without losing all unused co2?

One possibility is that I have got open and closed the wrong way round on the dial, but it seems to have been working whilst I'm use so I would be surprised if that was the case.

Also, should I be able to take the co2 canister out of its "holder" mid use?

Thanks

Chris

Thanks both. I have read the majority of both those threads, but unfortunately I didn't work out the answers to my questions.

Yes you can take the tap out with out losing gas but you can't take the bulb out. The small dots on the dial is off. Hope that helps. If not drop me a pm

Thanks. I hadn't seen that one. That confirms what I thought was open vs closed, so still not sure why the bulb fully discharged when I took the tap out. Maybe I didn't have it fully closed, although I would have expected a fairly slow release of the co2 if it was just slightly open.

Perhaps the bulb wasn't tightened enough. They take some screwing

Another question

My party star came with a non threaded co2 bulb. Does anyone know if a threaded bulb will fit, as there seems to be far more choice of these on Amazon than the non treaded variety?

Thanks
Chris

Latest posts

Back