The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

Wballstars

Reaction score
I have just got one of these with the aim of

1) extending the shelf life of a shop brought 5litre minI keg
2) making the mini kegs more fun
3) tons more choice than a sub or perfect draft

So just had a few questions if any one had one!

1) a mini keg with a gravity Tap seems to keep for 2 days without going flat. Used correctly, how far will one keep with the tap and some co2 chargers
2) do I need to keep the "on" bit low to keep co2 slowly seeping in? Or do you just shut it off??)
3) I obviously did something wrong and blasted through all the co2 in 1 canister in ten minutes flat, because the plastic housing for it went all frosted, so it was clearly in overdrive. I didnt have it in the "full" open settings at all, so unsure what I did wrong there.

Does anyone have tips for my usage case? Ive read for example that a canister should last a full keg, mine Lasted 2 pints lol plus I doubt the housing is meant to frost up?

'Thank you!

jof

Landlord.
Reaction score
Sounds like something is leaking.
Could you hear it hissing to work out where? I guess not as it would be obvious & 10 minutes is quite a long time given the capacity of those bulbs.

I am not familiar with the system you are using, but if it takes unthreaded canisters & it's anything like old pressure barrels, check the rubber o ring that forms the seal between the gas bulb and the housing, and also that the housing is tightened enough to seal the bulb against the o ring.

Also a good idea to check it's free from any dust or grit that might prevent a good seal (or any moulding ridges if it's got plastic parts)

Wballstars

Reaction score
Thank you, the beers head seems to disappear as quick (if not quicker) than a Canned beer from the supermarket, anything im doing wrong ?