Passionfruit Cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Griffster77

Reaction score
My wife LOVES Rekorderlig Passionfruit Cider. So i was thinking of making a TC.

Anyone got any experience of Passionfruit in cider?

Not done passion fruit cider but there's no reason why it wouldn't work. When I've done fruit or berry flavoured cider I make it a little sweeter than just straight cider as it brings out the fruit flavours.

Not done passion fruit cider but there's no reason why it wouldn't work. When I've done fruit or berry flavoured cider I make it a little sweeter than just straight cider as it brings out the fruit flavours.
I was mainly thinking about the best way to get the fruity syrup - given the amount of seeds etc, how much would be needed to create the syrup?

I was mainly thinking about the best way to get the fruity syrup - given the amount of seeds etc, how much would be needed to create the syrup?
Good question. Looking at the fruit drinks that have passion fruit in their name the highest percentage I could find in the ingredients was about 13 - 15%. This suggests that it's a strong flavour so you may not need much. You can get the cocktail additions that are 100% passion fruit if you don't want to produce your own but they're a bit pricey at around £15/kg. If you're planning on making a couple of batches and you don't need much to get the flavour you want it could be a solution.

Back