Pasta pasta...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janulka098

Reaction score
Have been churning pasta out with great speed during lockdown. New thing I have done is Cavatelli! They are absolutely wonderful things.
1tub ricotta cheese (250g)
100g 00 flour
200g semola/semolina flour
1egg
1tsp salt
Give it a good knead, rest for 20minutes. Then cut off chunks of dough and roll into long breadstick like ropes. Then shape by hand by cutting them into 1cm pillows and rolling down gnocchi board (I loved them so much I got an attachment for my pasta machine, although you can get Cavatelli maker machine itself) they are wonderful soft pillows that go great with ragu or anything!
Done spinach ones on gnocchi board and the above recipe through the machine (they look like grubs :))

Attachments

• 0FBBA2C5-38F9-4765-816A-218B1053C5C6.jpeg
    0FBBA2C5-38F9-4765-816A-218B1053C5C6.jpeg
    32.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 6AE24269-EFB2-4866-9D42-2FB3EC151A08.jpeg
    6AE24269-EFB2-4866-9D42-2FB3EC151A08.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 98
Love it. I want to make mozarella, but I have (had) so much to do during lockdown, that I haven't had time for that yet. Learned to bake focaccia.

Oh mozzarella! Have to learn how to make that. Other half built outdoor pizza oven ... not being too good for waste- line this lockdown!!

The argument in this house is about if it's quicker to make pasta from scratch or quicker to use dried pasta.

I feel I'm not winning the argument even though I think I am.

Well although dry pasta is great :) fresh tagliatelle with yummy carbonara... or malfadine with ragu... heaven. Does not take that long... mostly waiting for dough to rest after kneading it for good few minutes :) I think it’s quite therapeutic, maybe I am a bit mad!

Attachments

• D2CDFB70-B325-4BB0-853B-DFE1E55D7524.jpeg
    D2CDFB70-B325-4BB0-853B-DFE1E55D7524.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 91
  • E34AAB65-7F24-4FC5-83FB-4C6DFDC27A43.jpeg
    E34AAB65-7F24-4FC5-83FB-4C6DFDC27A43.jpeg
    47 KB · Views: 93
Not at all crazy!

Nothing more relaxing than making a dough and later running it though the machine until perfect.

I tend to used use semolina with egg rather than 00.

I bet 95% of pasta machines never get used more than twice!

Not at all crazy!

Nothing more relaxing than making a dough and later running it though the machine until perfect.

I tend to used use semolina with egg rather than 00.

I bet 95% of pasta machines never get used more than twice!
I have two! ... because one or the other have different attachments... perhaps a bit over the top - if they were interchangeable I would not have to get them both 😜
I use 200g semolina, 100g 00 and three large eggs. No water or salt.
Only use straight 00 if making ravioli :)
Oh my freezer is full of those as well!!!

I have two! ... because one or the other have different attachments... perhaps a bit over the top - if they were interchangeable I would not have to get them both 😜
I use 200g semolina, 100g 00 and three large eggs. No water or salt.
Only use straight 00 if making ravioli :)
Oh my freezer is full of those as well!!!
I only use water if if cocked it up and need a bit more moisture!

Made fresh tagliatelle lastnight. Went a bit thin with it though. My best lockdown meal has been langoustine ravioli. I really got my ravioli tekkers improved over the last few months.

Mmm, I haven’t made pasta for a while. I need to make some more and do a nice simple (homegrown) garlic sauce. :)

My favourite is an entire bulb's worth of garlic cloves, sliced thinly and put into a cold pan with about 100ml of good quality rapeseed or olive oil. You then bring the oil up to temperature very, very slowly and confit the garlic until it slightly browns.

This is then added to a nice big pan of whatever cooked pasta you like with a ladelful of reserved cooking water, a handful of parsley and salt and black pepper.

Mmmmmmmm.....

My favourite is an entire bulb's worth of garlic cloves, sliced thinly and put into a cold pan with about 100ml of good quality rapeseed or olive oil. You then bring the oil up to temperature very, very slowly and confit the garlic until it slightly browns.

This is then added to a nice big pan of whatever cooked pasta you like with a ladelful of reserved cooking water, a handful of parsley and salt and black pepper.

Mmmmmmmm.....
Garlic is banned in this house. I miss it. So much.

Garlic is banned in this house. I miss it. So much.
Oh... that’s a shame. My lot don’t like garlic either but I always put a whole bulb (smashed on the counter) under chicken to roast with it (together with some red onions quartered) and nobody knows ... and it tastes like heaven! Other half is used to bisto gravy powder.... and even he is not complaining about my gravy 😜

Oh... that’s a shame. My lot don’t like garlic either but I always put a whole bulb (smashed on the counter) under chicken to roast with it (together with some red onions quartered) and nobody knows ... and it tastes like heaven! Other half is used to bisto gravy powder.... and even he is not complaining about my gravy 😜
Damn you.
It can't be healthy for me to be craving a roast dinner this early in the day

Latest posts

Back