PayPal

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Gutted to find my PayPal account is restricted, i haven't used it for about 5 years so i will not worry too much about not being able to send, receive or withdraw funds.

How stupid are these scammers -
P⁤a⁠y⁣p𝅵a𝅵I ⁢Se⁤r⁠v⁣ic𝅵e - [email protected] aheadbutt

Capture-JPGpp.jpg

Had a call yesterday to say our washing machine is now out of warranty, for £69.99 we can extend the warranty for another 12 months.
The machine has not been in warranty for near on 20 years!
They don't make um like that any more!
I put the phone down
No the wife does not use a dolly tub!

Thing is they must dupe some people or they wouldn't bother. Likely to be the most vulnerable people in our society. These scammers really are evil people who create untold misery

Thing is they must dupe some people or they wouldn't bother. Likely to be the most vulnerable people in our society. These scammers really are evil people who create untold misery

You would have to be fairly computer illiterate not to realise this is not the sort of Emil address a company would use, surely they cannot catch that many -

[email protected]

Had a call yesterday to say our washing machine is now out of warranty, for £69.99 we can extend the warranty for another 12 months.
The machine has not been in warranty for near on 20 years!
They don't make um like that any more!
I put the phone down
No the wife does not use a dolly tub!
Our is still going strong, too.
1624554992848.png

I got the automated have you been in an accident call last month and talked my way through to the human.

Them-”When did you have your accident”
Me-“Just now, how did you know”
Them-“And where did you have it”
Me-“Do I have to say”
Them-“I’m sorry I didn’t catch that, where did you have your accident”
Me-“In my pants”

It’s ironic how ****** off they get when they think you’re wasting their time!

I have a free filter on my landline if someone calls the computer asks them their name and tells them i will only accept the call if i know their name, i haven't had a single spam or cold call since i started using it so i am assuming its done a good job over the last few years.

One i use is, tell them you have just come out of hospital and have memory loss and, would it be possible for them to send you all the details of the accident like date time which hospital you went to any other people involved but really string it out get them interested then tell them you know a guy in Africa who would send them loads of money then start laughing :laugh8:

Best one is " you've had a accident" ask them where it was and what it was they hang up.

Back