PB Calamity

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garmostripel

Reaction score
Hi all,
I’ve got a Wherry two weeks in conditioning tasted fine when I first put it in(promising). Went in shed to check progress and the shelf had collapsed barrel wrong way up spraying out of pressure valve!
fotunatley not lost too much beer so I stood it back up and let it settle, left till next day and had a tentative try , beer still cloudy hardly any head and tasted rank!
is it worth adding some co2 if the beer tastes bad? Should I bin it? 😢

Hi all,
I’ve got a Wherry two weeks in conditioning tasted fine when I first put it in(promising). Went in shed to check progress and the shelf had collapsed barrel wrong way up spraying out of pressure valve!
fotunatley not lost too much beer so I stood it back up and let it settle, left till next day and had a tentative try , beer still cloudy hardly any head and tasted rank!
is it worth adding some co2 if the beer tastes bad? Should I bin it? 😢
It will need time to clear properly as it’s shook up. I would eave it a good week to clear again. The pressure part of the question I’m not sure on but you definitely could drop a bulb in to see what happens as the valve should let out any excess gas anyway.

I did a wherry earlier in the year and it got considerably better the longer I left it. If the instructions say 2 days the gas and 2 weeks to clear leave it longer. 2 weeks to gas up 2 weeks to clear is the general advice you will receive from the experts and once I started to do this my beer improved considerably

Back