Pb pressure ,carbonation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labrewski

Landlord.
Reaction score
Had my pb condition for 14 days in 20 to 21 degrees
Then moved to fridge for 3 days had a quick sip absolutely flying out loads of head but no fizz
I used 80 g sugar for around 19 litre
Anyone know what's happening
20210204_162425.jpg
20210204_162425.jpg

What's happening is that it's basically gushing out and losing all the carbonation in the mad way it pours. In systems like pubs and keggers have you have to balance the pour with lengths of thin pipe. It's another one of pressure barrels drawbacks.

What's happening is that it's basically gushing out and losing all the carbonation in the mad way it pours. In systems like pubs and keggers have you have to balance the pour with lengths of thin pipe. It's another one of pressure barrels drawbacks.
I have a piece of tubing going to give it a shot

I have another barrel 2 days in carbing 21 liters with 80g should I add more

Could those co2 cartridges or nitrogen cartridges help
I thought there only to push the beer out

PBS are intended for lower carbonated beers. The taps on PBs are designed to create a bit of head but you can get some fizz...

To do so you will probably have to replace the pressure release rubber on your valve - this will allow up to 12psi whereas I suspect at the moment you’re probably struggling to get to 6psi. Then you’ll need to inject some gas to build the pressure - maybe a couple of times because the beer will absorb the CO2.

Also make sure the beer is cold before you inject the CO2 for maximum absorption.

PBS are intended for lower carbonated beers. The taps on PBs are designed to create a bit of head but you can get some fizz...

To do so you will probably have to replace the pressure release rubber on your valve - this will allow up to 12psi whereas I suspect at the moment you’re probably struggling to get to 6psi. Then you’ll need to inject some gas to build the pressure - maybe a couple of times because the beer will absorb the CO2.

Also make sure the beer is cold before you inject the CO2 for maximum absorption.
Thank you so there is hope I like some sort of fizz
I have nitrogen and co2 cartridges
How much sugar for a 20 litre batch max can be used
Barrel can handle 15 psi

Man I don't know how I missed this I read loads and watched loads before I bought them looks like I have to find a nice and tasty beer to suit them

Latest posts

Back