Pectin for cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnymoonshine

Reaction score
Hello all.
Would or could I use supermarket Pectin to clear my turbo ciders. I use it and it works great .
I get it from wilkos but it is expensive for a small amount.
Does anyone know a good site too buy it ?
Thanks.

Thanks vw911. Just as well I asked that would have been a big mistake to make.
Cheers.
I'll try an edit it.

I have found it cheaper to buy in bulk. You can get 32 grams for £5.65, but I recently bought 400 grams for £8.60. The math is obvious. This goes for most consumable homebrew wise. I just bought 1 kg of oxybleach for £15.39. 200 grams is normally £4.85. I do the same with all things homebrew now, it's just cheaper in the long run.

I have found it cheaper to buy in bulk. You can get 32 grams for £5.65, but I recently bought 400 grams for £8.60. The math is obvious. This goes for most consumable homebrew wise. I just bought 1 kg of oxybleach for £15.39. 200 grams is normally £4.85. I do the same with all things homebrew now, it's just cheaper in the long run.

Hi, that oxybleach seems expensive, do you use it for cleaning and sterilisation, if you go to Wilko and buy their own brand yoully find it very good value at £2 for 1kg. I found Wilko brilliant for most brewing stuff, I make cider not tried beer yet.

Hi, that oxybleach seems expensive, do you use it for cleaning and sterilisation, if you go to Wilko and buy their own brand yoully find it very good value at £2 for 1kg. I found Wilko brilliant for most brewing stuff, I make cider not tried beer yet.
I only use it for cleaning and I use sodium metabisulphate for sterilisation. I'm a bit old fashioned I suppose. £2 for a kg of oxybleach? I'll have to have a look in my local Wilko, but I've never seen it before.

I think it must be certain Wilkos that sell at that price and weight. I use my local one and never seen that for sale.

I only use it for cleaning and I use sodium metabisulphate for sterilisation. I'm a bit old fashioned I suppose. £2 for a kg of oxybleach? I'll have to have a look in my local Wilko, but I've never seen it before.

Attachments

• IMG_20181216_185214.jpg
    IMG_20181216_185214.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20181216_190921.jpg
    IMG_20181216_190921.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20181216_190846.jpg
    IMG_20181216_190846.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 80

Hi, I've put some pictures of the wilko oxyclean product, I've included the ingredients list as well

Buy the pure stuff off eBay....the washing stuff has "other" ingredients and requires rinsing...the pure doesn't.
That's why I've always bought Harris no rinse sanitiser. But it does make you think if they can sell the stain remover so cheaply, are we being ripped off by the likes of Harris?

Back