Percentage of grape juice in kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had a look on Asda's web site. 70.3g of sugar per 100g of sultanas, comes in at just under 880g of sugar to the gallon and works out at just under 10% alcohol if my math is anywhere near. Strong enough for a nice drink and at £2.20 for the fruit (excluding the elderberries), that's very reasonable

Cheers. Tom

Winexpert is the biggest bag of juice I've ever had, not sure of the litres, but it was a lot (plus a bag of grape skins). £60 kit from Creative (Shiraz Grenache) and 2 months made, its in a different league to Beaverdale and Cal Con (which I love). It really does taste like you've bought it.

I've made a Cal Con Malbec since then, and it's great - the 60 quid kit was an experiment but I'm tempted to buy nothing less again.

Cellar 7 etc (I'm talking Red here) are ok, decent and drinkable, it all depends what you are after.

It may be nice but I don't think I could justify the cost of those when I'm quite happy with the results so far.
Maybe one day though :cheers9:

Cheers Tom
Have to agree there but, BUT, BUT, I think I must try just the one at some time. I too am very happy with the Beaverdales especially but do respect Gdogs opinions by reputation! ;)

Winepert are marketed as "Selection" kits, (Original and International).
IIRC they are about 16l of juice...

Oh, what a coincidence!!!

Just noticed that the address for Wine Expert (Selection, Island Mist, World Vineyard etc.)
is the same as that for Vineco (California Connoisseur)
Both in Ontario...

Have to agree there but, BUT, BUT, I think I must try just the one at some time. I too am very happy with the Beaverdales especially but do respect Gdogs opinions by reputation! ;)

@Vinotinto it's night and day, honestly mate give it a try. £60 rather than £38 , so 78 pence a bottle more?

I'm about to order another box, they only do Merlot and Grenache Shiraz Moudouvre (whatever the hell that is, but it's the one I made and it's better than Wolfblass)

er.... where are you ordering from?
creative, but its still out of stock. might phone them to see if they plan on getting it back as i dont fancy the merlot (the only other with skins)
its the world vineyards range, not selection, so only 50 quid without and 60 with skins

Is CWE (Continental Wine Experts ) still going? I made one of their 5 gal kits yonks ago - my brother gave it to me cos he couldn't be bothered to make it. I supped the lot in one week but funnily enough I can't remember a damn thing about it.

Latest posts

Back