Perfect way to keep price per pint down.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me, it's about expanding my knowledge as much as the finished product, although I do enjoy drinking it, of course!! I've found myself learning about all sorts of stuff only peripheral to brewing proper- like refrigeration, when pulling fridges to bits and fixing them, becoming more computer literate by building.a few iSpindels, etc etc.
I really enjoy fixing/adapting/improving things at very little cost, and I get a lot of satisfaction from saving, say, a fridge freezer from the dump and making (anOTHER...!!) brew fridge or keezer...
My missus calls me mad scientist, but she enjoys the fruits of my madness as much as I do!!!
By all means, count the cost, but don't forget that it's a hobby, a PASSTIME, and whilst you're "tinkering" (another favourite term of SWMBO...!!) you're not in the pub spending dumb cash renting commercial beer!!!!
ENJOY it!!!

Eyuptum - sadly 99.9% of pubs do not serve "near perfect pints". Reasons why are numerous. Lack of profitability leading to "off beer" being offered for sale, leading to even poorer profitability. Dirty glasses, indifferent staff, serving temperature. I would like to find a pub serving only bottled beer, at say 3 different temperatures - anybody know of one ?

Back