PerfectDraft or other chiller/dispenser

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dano

Reaction score
Hello All, I thought I would ask this non brewing related questions as you are all subject matter experts in all things beer

I am looking for a present for my 18 year old son, thought I would get him a beer dispenser specifically the PerfectDraft as you can get the Stella kegs (6l) but this kit seems to be unavailable or even obsolete, does anyone have any idea if its a bad idea to try and get one of these or if there is an alternative?

I have seen alternative dispensers for 5l kegs but thats mainly for that horrible Dutch stuff and I have not really found a solution for the supermarket mini kegs

Ideally I would like something that chills and dispenses a decent volume of readily available decent beer (selection of beer) without him actually brewing his own (yes I know...)

thanks for your advice in advance

Dan

Beer Hawk sell the Perfect Draft machines, they are very popular in Europe I believe but less so over here:
https://www.beerhawk.co.uk/catalog/category/view/s/perfectdraft-range/id/395/
EDIT - weird, when I first posted they had machine bundles but when I clicked the link the page couldn’t be found. Went into the BH site and still couldn’t find the actual machines. I assume it’s just because of COVID.

I sent them an email already, they did have a preorder option. The Philips website shows these as not being supported or some such phrase

I've looked at these in the past, most of the beers sold in the kegs is much cheaper to buy in bottles or cans especially cooking lager.

maybe your right, perhaps I should just get him a glass fronted beer fridge

I dont suppose you know if it will fit these 6l kegs? is it the same as the heineken 5l keg anyone? 1587483778256.png

Couple of photos of the outside / inside of a machine

These kegs fit inside and there's a small cooler unit

The kegs you linked to are the ones that would fit in but they are no use without the machine itself

1587566870177.png
1587566925140.png

yes I got an email reply from them that it was all back, this sure is the more attractive system

Perfect Draft mahcine have increased in price in the lockdown, and pub closures. I like the idea of them but the price. Each to their own but looks like a £200+ unit price. Nice present for 18th birthday though :)

Perfect Draft mahcine have increased in price in the lockdown, and pub closures. I like the idea of them but the price. Each to their own but looks like a £200+ unit price. Nice present for 18th birthday though :)

yep agree, I couldn't quite pull the trigger on it due to the uncertainty/availability etc its the better machine and better beer but went for the Klarstein to be on the safe side, just hope I can find some lager in mini-kegs, he drinks ale but I think this is a lager toy really

I planned to buy one but you could only seem to the kegs from one place, and looked a pain to refill for homebrew.

I'm drinking from the adnams ghost ship 5L kegs. I ordered them direct from Adnams but they seem to have taken them off the site. Anyway they are sold in Tesco, and Sainsbury. Though the ones from the brewery seem to be a lot more lively than the supermarket ones!

I'm not sure about lager. Maybe the german lagers as the 5l kegs are more popular there are I think.

I'll have to get one of these, got leffe blond to, must be great to have in this. How's the quality of the drink it pours? Mind it is only 10.5 pints so no cheaper than going to the pub... If you could that is.

I planned to buy one but you could only seem to the kegs from one place, and looked a pain to refill for homebrew.

I'm drinking from the adnams ghost ship 5L kegs. I ordered them direct from Adnams but they seem to have taken them off the site. Anyway they are sold in Tesco, and Sainsbury. Though the ones from the brewery seem to be a lot more lively than the supermarket ones!

I'm not sure about lager. Maybe the german lagers as the 5l kegs are more popular there are I think.
Most of the kegs I use for my homebrew are Ghost Ship kegs.
Refilling them is easy, quicker than bottling the same volume. Replacement bungs and even kegs are available from many homebrew suppliers. But why buy empty kegs when you can get them full of beer for only a few more pounds.

Latest posts

Back