Peroni - The Greatest Lager of All Time

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which one? The one brewed in Italy? Or the one brewed in the UK? Or the one brewed in Australia?

Makes me laugh when you see bottles of Birra Moretti and it says Autentica on the bottle. It's brewed in Edinburgh...

Which one? The one brewed in Italy? Or the one brewed in the UK? Or the one brewed in Australia?

Makes me laugh when you see bottles of Birra Moretti and it says Autentica on the bottle. It's brewed in Edinburgh...
When Moretti was first out it was imported from Italy and it was nice. Since they started brewing it in the UK it’s bkand generic tasteless lager!

Tsing Tao is pretty good, as is Tiger. There are so many to choose from. Time for our own poll?

I'm just going to hide behind the stuffs before I say this.... there you go, nice and hidden, so I'll just sneak this out quietly.....

..... I think Tennent's lager is quite good as a lawn mower / cooking lager /, and way better than the main players.

And on the subject of silly beer articles, this is one of the most ludicrous I've read. Apparently Punk IPA and Jaipur are pilsners and London Pride is a stout. And the physicist's assumption on why Guinness warms up quickest is utter ********, because compared to a typically carbonated beer there is very little internal movement.

I'm just going to hide behind the stuffs before I say this.... there you go, nice and hidden, so I'll just sneak this out quietly.....

Hiding behind the same stuff i will admit i don't mind a pint of Kronenbourg 1664, i was shocked to see it in ninth place below beaten by some proper **** poor lagers.

lllll.jpg

https://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/Article/2016/11/30/The-Drinks-List-Lagers-dominate-the-list

And on the subject of silly beer articles, this is one of the most ludicrous I've read. Apparently Punk IPA and Jaipur are pilsners and London Pride is a stout. And the physicist's assumption on why Guinness warms up quickest is utter ********, because compared to a typically carbonated beer there is very little internal movement.
Omg that article is so funny. I really laughed. They even spelled Helen Czerski's name wrong. I reckon she wasn't even there and they just emailed her after. She really is an expert on bubbles, seriously.

My problems with this is that they're using a FLIR camera to test the beer. As long as all the beers were under the exact same lighting they should have stirred with a thermometer at the end to homogenise the fluid. Even the temperature of the thermometer being set before stirring if it's got enough thermal mass. Was it done in hot sunlight so the beer colour makes a difference, hence Guinness having such a huge change... urghhh, I'm going to have a nice lambic cup of tea now with some DIPA milk.

Which one? The one brewed in Italy? Or the one brewed in the UK?
The one in the UK. The 'voters' were an audience of readers of a laddish website who also use twitter. Frankly you're lucky they didn't pick Fosters.

i don't mind a pint of Kronenbourg 1664
In our "Local Sainsburys Study" which we've been conducting for months (you can call anything a study, the Sun confirms this) then the 1664 in cans is by far the best choice. Much better than the big bottles of Estrella, Peroni, Moretti. It's just got a little grainier edge. Some of the lagers are almost milky and I'm not into that at all.

Also our "Big Sainsburys combined with what's on offer and cheap to drink on wing night Study" has turned away from Speckled Hen and replaced it with Tanglefoot. I didn't see that coming.

My preference of ale is, most of the Wychwood range the 5.3 ipa is really good and king goblin which I am drinking right now, adnams broadside, last year in my local they had a brew called rum runner by green king by god that was good also have a passion for moorhouses blonde whitch, but as far as lager goes no, but budvar is very nice as are a lot of german beers

Latest posts

Back