Personalised Beer Mats/Coasters/bar runners and more.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
During lockdown my wife and I splashed out on a heat press to keep ourselves busy and started selling a few personalised bits and pieces to make up for the forced closure to her main business which is childcare.

She’s been creating stuff using heat transfer vinyl and recently moved to cover sublimation. There is such a lot to learn and in doing so we were finding we were ruining about one in three blanks and then ending up with items we didn’t want or need even if it did work as planned. Anyway, I made myself some personalised beer mats/coasters last weekend using it and they turned out pretty good so we thought we’d like to offer some of these for sale to forum members for a limited time, if there was any interest. They are fully reusable made from high quality MDF with a hard board back and glossy top finish. Available in square or circle.

Having not even ventured down the design route yet, all we ask is that you provide us with the artwork or picture to go on them. It could be your own logo/design or a photo you have already or you could easily create a new design using a free design software called Beerlabelizer, like I did with the examples pictured below. The cost will be £10 for 4 or £12 for 6, plus £1 p&p. After paying for the blanks, sublimation ink, sub paper etc this is virtually cost price but it will be good practice for us in trying new items and designs and the end results won’t be going to waste.
If you have any questions please post below.

FCA1F662-0F17-491B-875B-08BD0D23092A.jpeg
A7D71FD8-DE50-4380-A288-FA1AAD8F77CD.jpeg
85B5F167-59D4-419C-A88E-3C966371DCCF.jpeg
74E916EB-B62E-4BE6-B3A4-B7FB9126BD71.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the sound of this. Could you specify how you'd like the art work file. Format, resolution, colour depth, dimensions and bleed? Also should we pm you for an address to email the artwork to and organise payment? Thanks.

Anna

What other things could be made?

It’s a bit of a black hole really and limited only by what we can get the blanks for. I thought I’d keep it simple and current audience focussed with some beer/bar related stuff on THBF so offered the beer mats but we could possibly do other bar related items like personalised blade bottle openers, key ring bottle openers, bar runners, etc.

I really like the sound of this. Could you specify how you'd like the art work file. Format, resolution, colour depth, dimensions and bleed? Also should we pm you for an address to email the artwork to and organise payment? Thanks.

Anna

Hi Anna
Thanks for your interest.
We have a PC running windows 10 and MS office so as long as we can open the file on that we should be able to print it. Obviously the better the resolution the better the result will be. We should be able to adjust the sizing to make it fit and would run a PDF proof of the final version for you to approve before going to print. Let me know if you want me to PM you with an address to send the artwork to and we’ll take a look at it.

Hi Anna
Thanks for your interest.
We have a PC running windows 10 and MS office so as long as we can open the file on that we should be able to print it. Obviously the better the resolution the better the result will be. We should be able to adjust the sizing to make it fit and would run a PDF proof of the final version for you to approve before going to print. Let me know if you want me to PM you with an address to send the artwork to and we’ll take a look at it.
Thanks, I used to do quite a bit of graphics work for the local city choir with tickets, posters, programmes, also design bits and pieces for local organisations. If you are going to do this commercially then it's worth sharing the CMYK colour profile of your print process. I'm not that fussy for beer mats and on reflection I may be being too detailed about this (but I used to be super fussy for glossy programmes 🤓) It would help to specify the size though as I'm guessing there must be a bleed for the printing?

Anna

Thanks, I used to do quite a bit of graphics work for the local city choir with tickets, posters, programmes, also design bits and pieces for local organisations. If you are going to do this commercially then it's worth sharing the CMYK colour profile of your print process. I'm not that fussy for beer mats and on reflection I may be being too detailed about this (but I used to be super fussy for glossy programmes 🤓) It would help to specify the size though as I'm guessing there must be a bleed for the printing?

Anna
Thanks Anna. Yes, we do still have a lot to learn on the design side.
I can imagine things can be very complicated with posters, programs etc. We are using sublimation printing for the beer mats and apart from those I created with beerlabeliser, all the other artwork we’ve used for stuff has been provided by the user, or purchased SVG files. We resize to fit using Silhouette, print onto Sub paper then transfer to the item with a heat press.

Fridge magnet variant to put on the kegerator to show whats on each tap.

Yes, thats a good idea. There are two options, glass or hardboard MDF. The glass ones are going to be about 20% more expensive than the board ones looking at the cost of the blanks. The board ones, however, look just as good with their glossy finish. In fact, they are no different to the beer mats/coasters just with a magnet on the back. The stick on magnets are 8 for a pound in Wilco 👍

https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/wilko-basic-magnets/p/0434048

You will be taking all of @dan125 forum t-shirt business. I wonder if he can see this from his yaught?

There was interest in another run of forum t-shirts but for some reason (which i cannot remember) it didn't happen i am not sure if Dan couldn't do them this time so this may be something worth thinking about as they were very popular.

There was interest in another run of forum t-shirts but for some reason (which i cannot remember) it didn't happen i am not sure if Dan couldn't do them this time so this may be something worth thinking about as they were very popular.

This should be possible, so long as I can get hold of the artwork and it doesn’t upset anyone.
I’ve always wanted a Yacht 😜

No worries with using the forum logo if i remember correctly there have been 4 other similar t-shirts and of course its free advertising for the site.

I will start a thread in the announcement forum to see if there is any interest then its up to you if you want to go ahead.

Latest posts

Back