Pet hates and food

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mushrooms, most people don't like them because they are slimy, thats because they are cooking them wrong, water is the enemy here and they are fully loaded, don't wash them brush them clean and cook until all that water has evaporated then put them in the dish you are cooking you will be amazed how different they taste

Mushrooms, most people don't like them because they are slimy, thats because they are cooking them wrong, water is the enemy here and they are fully loaded, don't wash them brush them clean and cook until all that water has evaporated then put them in the dish you are cooking you will be amazed how different they taste
Ever had a tray of mushrooms in gravy from the Chinese ? Bloody lovely they are

cucumbers another full of water, peel them then slice with a potato peel, set your deep fat fryer to 130c and wack em in and watch all the steam, then take out when they are crispy

Anybody else like these anchovies
25D69A13-A9ED-4933-80E0-7340445A7686.jpeg

I highly doubt anyone I know would go to a restaurant that charged that! Have you been? If no, how do you know?
Alinea in Chicago.
Went once. Interesting flavors, but, everything in such unfamiliar textures detracts. The Nola restaurant in Amsterdam- I haven’t tried, after I found out they served a steak crawling with live ants, I kinda gave up on the movement, and went back to country style cooking (French, now).
Edit: the sauce innovations can be really useful in normal cooking styles.

Last edited:
I just started laughing when I read that.
So I checked. The claim is that it isn't those parts. I don't care either way. I don't eat it just because I don't, Someone upthread mentioned that it's big in Hawaii which I just learned.
That notariety is reserved for Peters Pies in South Wales, finest lips, eyes and arsdhokes 😂

Latest posts

Back