Petition against the Small Brewers Relief reduction

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoddy

General lurker.......
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reverse the change to Small Brewers Relief.
The Treasury has announced changes to Small Brewers Relief (SBR) – the progressive tax system that has revolutionised UK brewing. These changes will reduce the 50% duty threshold from 5,000hl to 2,100hl: small breweries will have to pay more duty, whilst larger breweries could pay the same or less. Those that will have to pay more do not know by how much as the consultation has been delayed until the Autumn. This is creating grave uncertainty for many small breweries at a time when the industry is trying to survive the Covid-19 crisis. We believe the Treasury should not reduce relief for any brewers below 5,000hl and should reverse its decision to reduce the threshold to 2,100hl, and that these changes are threatening closures, innovation, competition, local jobs, investment and consumer choice.

sign the petition now!!

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/334066?s=08

What is more ironic is the chair of the SBR “cartel” and who has been one of the main instigators of this attempt to kill of micro brewery competition will be my brewing neighbour in the town I’m setting up in. This will be interesting.....

Thanks for posting this as well. I'm gonna write to my local MPs about this and am seeing what else I can be doing. I've shared the petition with virtually everyone I know.

Thanks for posting this as well. I'm gonna write to my local MPs about this and am seeing what else I can be doing. I've shared the petition with virtually everyone I know.

Alternatively, Just donate a large sum to the Tory party and it'll be all be sorted (seems to have worked for Tate & Lyle amongst others)

Latest posts

Back