Petrol and diesel prices reach new record high

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now at 171.9 for e10 and 182.9 for e5 by me. which is about 6% more than e5 but I get about 5% more mpg so about the same cost per mile but I can go further on a full tank and my cars engine adjusts for the better fuel to give more power.

In Donegal on the border with Northern Ireland it’s priced in euros with the sterling price as well. Most places giving a good exchange rate and today’s prices were £1.63 for diesel and £1.54 for petrol.

175.9 now for e10 unleaded 0.2 miles away from me in Gowerton. Maybe the threat of a global recession will lead to a reduction in the price of a barrel of oil its the lowest its been for 5 months
This is what I don't get. If it's at its lowest for 5 months, how come it's more expensive at the pump than 5 months ago?

This is what I don't get. If it's at its lowest for 5 months, how come it's more expensive at the pump than 5 months ago?
Because they claim it’s all about transport costs. 🙄
The amount of tax the government puts on fuel is the main problem.
Duty at 52.95p a litre Or 28%
Vat at 17%
Cut both of these and everything comes down in price. Pretend it’s a global problem and nothing can be done and make lots of money.

now at 171.9 for e10 and 182.9 for e5 by me. which is about 6% more than e5 but I get about 5% more mpg so about the same cost per mile but I can go further on a full tank and my cars engine adjusts for the better fuel to give more power.
E5 seems to have been slower coming down which is a shame as I prefer it. Like you I get better economy and a smother drive

Latest posts

Back