Petrol & Diesel prices.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
How are prices where you live?

https://app.petrolprices.com/

UNLEADED
147.9p
Last updated: 22.10.2021

DIESEL
149.9p
Last updated: 22.10.2021

I am glad i don't live in Oxford -

1635099090200.png

Fuel prices are crazy at the moment, that looks like a motorway service station....legal theft ✊💦💦

Fuel prices are crazy at the moment, that looks like a motorway service station....legal theft ✊💦💦

I agree and can honestly say i have never used one in my many years on this planet and with todays portable sat navs and in car navigation there is no need to ever use them.

I agree and can honestly say i have never used one in my many years on this planet and with todays portable sat navs and in car navigation there is no need to ever use them.

Had to use one in an emergency once when I miscalculated how much I need to get home, put in just enough to get to my local garage though so at least I didn't have to pay full whack for a full tank...

I just had a raise, which is good as otherwise I might have been tempted to walk the 20 miles to work

The last petrol station before you get on the motorway near me, is always 7 to 10p extra....avoid like the plague!!

In years gone by we would have had all the lorry drivers blocking the motorways in protest but I guess there aren't any about these days.
Ah, do you live in France fo you Leon?

Never known lorry drivers blocking motorways in protest, but I think London taxi drivers might have tried to - but nobody noticed any difference to congestion as it was back then.

Reminds me of an old Mike Reid joke:
I pulled into a Motorway service station the other day and picked up a Ham roll, Bag of Crisps and a can of Coke. Got to the till and said the the cashier, sorry, I’ve only got a fifty pound note, she said well you’ll have to put the crisps back then!

Ah, do you live in France fo you Leon?

Never known lorry drivers blocking motorways in protest, but I think London taxi drivers might have tried to - but nobody noticed any difference to congestion as it was back then.
No in Dubai at present.

Buy there have done rolling protests, and blockades at refineries.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211025-092543_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211025-092543_Samsung Internet.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 30
During early lockdown in 2020 I filled up my car for 99p per litre - really honestly... not likely to ever see that again!
Yes bring back lockdowns so I can fill my car up. I last filled up on 17th Sept and still have 300 odd miles on the clock so should be ok for another month.

Yes bring back lockdowns so I can fill my car up. I last filled up on 17th Sept and still have 300 odd miles on the clock so should be ok for another month.
Living in Indiana instead of California I find gas prices of $3.25 per gallon instead of $4.55. On top of that I'm putting only 63-80 miles a month on my car with being so much closer to everything: 5 miles round trip for groceries instead of close to 20.

That's £2:36 here.

We are paying £6:61 :mad:
The US gallon is smaller than the UK gallon though so I think the comparison should be a little closer.
£1.48 per litre is £6.73 per UK gallon and £5.60 per US gallon.
Still more than double the price though.

Well over half of the price we pay is duty and tax (55.33%).

The US gallon is smaller than the UK gallon though so I think the comparison should be a little closer.
£1.48 per litre is £6.73 per UK gallon and £5.60 per US gallon.
Still more than double the price though.

Well over half of the price we pay is duty and tax (55.33%).
State tax is why it costs so much more in California than Indiana.

Back