PH meters advice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marshbrewer

Out on the marshes, wailing at the moon.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've brought one of those yellow cheap PH meters from Amazon and was wondering about calibration. You get 2 sachets of powder with it that appear to make up 2 different solutions. But the instructions just reference using one (the pH 7 ish powder) and calibrating with that. I'm assuming I use both?

Also, how often do you need to recalibrate, if it's often, I'm assuming I need to get a load of spare sachets from somewhere?

What do you folks do?

I'd guess the other sachet is PH 4-ish. I bought ten of each type of powder, but find the meter doesn't really require recalibration each time I brew, but the powder was cheap enough ( I got it from Aliexpress ), that I recalibrate each brewday anyway.

Pretty much. I just rinse the electrode between calibrations with RO water and dry with filter paper. Does your meter adjust with a screw or is it a push button calibration one ?

If its like mine you run it though the solutions in a specific order. Its in the instructions. I was going to calibrate every few months but its been about 6 months and it still reads OK.

Back