Photos

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you using a smartphone to take photos? Smartphone cameras make ridiculously huge image files for the overall quality of photo you can get from the lens.

I always use an app to reduce the size of the photo before trying to upload. Reduce the size to about 800x600 pixels and everyone will be happy. We'll all get to see your Brewday/mancave/dog/cat/equipment photo and the forum servers won't get swamped with gigabytes of high-res blurry photos ( except for foxbat's pics, they're always crystal clear, don't you just hate that? wink...)

Hi Cushy i use my phone no problem, but i have a canon 800d as well one of the lenses i have is a 50mm prime yeah its Foxbats fault amazing pics i will sort it in the morning, me and the misses were up your end today, Leyland home brew for grain then southport for dinner never seen it so quite athumb..

Hi Cushy i use my phone no problem, but i have a canon 800d as well one of the lenses i have is a 50mm prime yeah its Foxbats fault amazing pics i will sort it in the morning, me and the misses were up your end today, Leyland home brew for grain then southport for dinner never seen it so quite athumb..
The photos from your DSLR would be better hosted by an external provider like imgur. Since you're a Canon user you can use the free Canon DPP software that came on a CD with your camera to read the photos from your SD card, make any minor 'operator error' adjustments, resize the image down to a forum friendly size of about 700 or 800 pixels across the longest side and then save as a jpeg for uploading to imgur.

After uploading, hover over the image in imgur to see the button that gives you sharing links. Choose the BBCode option for forums and there you go, text ready to paste into your post so we can all see your beautiful beer pictures!

I too use a 50mm prime (Nikon) its quality is outstanding.
NO chromatic abberation nomatter how much i enlarge the pixels.Unlike the zoom lenses.!!!!!

Most of my photos are taken via my iPhone and then transferred to the iCloud and down to the computer.

For photos that I wish to Post on here, I Export them to a Brewing Photographs file on the computer. The Export function gives me the option of deciding the size of the photograph's file as Low, Medium, Large or Original.

As a general rule, I use the Medium size of file and so far I have managed to attach files without a problem.

Enjoy!

IMG_1682.jpg

Back