Picture or Video of the day.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A veteran Sergeant in the Dorking Home Guard cleans his Tommy gun at the dining room table, before going on parade,
1st December 1940.

1651769977471.png

Well they do have a high percentage of Scallies allegedly :laugh8: :tinhat:

I can remember when they used to put glass on the walls around here but it was mainly the back of businesses, i guess razor wire was too expensive ;)

1971 Liverpool, anti burglar measures being installed.

View attachment 67854
In Brigg I heard a fellow officer tell a man at the front desk “Working on the railway you must have access to some used axle grease?” the man nodded, “Well then I suggest that you get some and smear it along the top of your orchard wall. The mothers of the kids will soon sort the little buggers out.”

The man left, happy that he didn’t have to resort to installing broken glass, just to cure his apple scrumping problem!

It worked a treat!
athumb..

Happy Days!
:hat:

I bet nobody told you you couldn’t park there 😂😂😂
My colleagues have generously fined me cakes for being involved in a POLAC (police accident), thanked me for assisting in getting rid of a Pug (supposed to be getting new Vauxhalls - don't hold your breath) and have generously suggested a new form of transport for me to use

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-06 at 10.31.40 AM.jpeg

Can anyone else remember The Bobs?

The front wheels lifted so munch on one of the humps that you could see daylight between the wheels and the track!

I also watched the Speedway there (and got grief from my Mum for the cinders I took home in my hair) and The Royle Brothers (both tag-team and individual wrestlers!)

Belle Vue was the place to be in Manchester!

Happy Days!
athumb.. athumb..

The ice cream lady...reminds me of when my younger brother was seeing the "ice cream" girl in the cinema.
She wasn't the most daintiest to put it one way but my brother said there were advantages...
Free admission.
Free choc ices.
And added he'd seen Indiana Jones 46 times!

Latest posts

Back