Picture or Video of the day.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The avenger has since been deemed beyond economical repair due to internal structural damage.
It has then been sold to a new owner for restoration to "Static display condition".
It will never fly again.

As my nephew who is a pilot once told me, a good landing is one you walk away from. An excellent landing is when the airfare is still serviceable afterwards

Erm ;)

1653158480611.png

Yep looks like a Trabant to me one of those cheap Eastern European things as Dutto has said

1960’s Ford Anglia minus the front logo, or maybe one of those cheap East European motors that arrived in the 1960’s?
:hat:
Recon the other one might be a Triumph Herald? Or another cheap import.

Recon the other one might be a Triumph Herald? Or another cheap import.
The reason I didn’t look at it being a Herald was that I owned one; and an optimistic purchaser turned up with a magnet!

His failed efforts to find somewhere in the bonnet area where the magnet would stick would have been laughable, had I not been desperately short of money!
:confused.:

The fact that the car in the photo had a “front end” tended to rule out a Triumph Herald; but I may have been wrong.

The reason I didn’t look at it being a Herald was that I owned one; and an optimistic purchaser turned up with a magnet!

His failed efforts to find somewhere in the bonnet area where the magnet would stick would have been laughable, had I not been desperately short of money!
:confused.:

The fact that the car in the photo had a “front end” tended to rule out a Triumph Herald; but I may have been wrong.
Recon your right about the red one, probably an Anglia,i was looking at the green one, not convinced its a Herald but could be. 🤔 Can only see the back end. Anyone else noticed the white car. 🤔

Recon your right about the red one, probably an Anglia,i was looking at the green one, not convinced its a Herald but could be.

I zoomed in as far as i could if i had to bet i would say Herald i think the Herald rear screen is taller than the Anglias (see below)

zooom.jpg

1653335630788.png

1653335689415.png

Last edited:
Right, in the original OP:
  1. The mucky red car in the foreground has a “bonnet” whereas the Herald (see Post #495) has a pair of clips on the side to indicate that the whole of the front lifted So, IMO the mucky red car is either an Anglia or an East European car of the same era.
  2. In the background is a view of the rear end of a car. This car doesn’t have the “raked” rear window typical of an Anglia and may very well be a Herald.
With regard to the white car on Post #490 it still indicates “Anglia” on the bonnet logo.

Enjoy!

Right, in the original OP:
  1. The mucky red car in the foreground has a “bonnet” whereas the Herald (see Post #495) has a pair of clips on the side to indicate that the whole of the front lifted So, IMO the mucky red car is either an Anglia or an East European car of the same era.
  2. In the background is a view of the rear end of a car. This car doesn’t have the “raked” rear window typical of an Anglia and may very well be a Herald.
With regard to the white car on Post #490 it still indicates “Anglia” on the bonnet logo.

Enjoy!
Sorry Dutto, was looking at the white one between the Anglia and Herald.. i love a mystery. Can only see a bit of the side. Avenger ???. In Chippys zoomed in photo, buried in the trees.🤔🤔

Last edited:

I posted both Anglia pictures as i thought all Anglias were the same shape as the blue one below but it turns out the early ones did indeed look like the rusty one (see white Anglia below)

1653390205915.png

1653390218324.png
1653390228902.png

Latest posts

Back