Picture or Video of the day.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We used to have a Woolies in town we were gutted when it shut.

1656873230594.png

Last edited:
We used to have a Woolies in town we were gutted when it shut.

View attachment 71091
My earliest memory of Woolie’s was in Blackpool!

Raised in a tiny mining village in Derbyshire I had never seen such crowds. Aged about 5, when I couldn’t see my Mam in the melee, I stood there and repeatedly shouted “I’M LOST!” …

… up until my Mam reached round the counter that was hiding her from my view and told me to shut up!

After the ubiquitous spanking, I never got “lost” again!
:hat:

"What are they complaining about?" Gasoline was just over $2 per gallon last year and it's nearly $5 per gallon now. In California, it's about $7. That runs up the price of everything that is transported from point A to point B. THAT'S WHAT WE'RE COMPLAINING ABOUT!

"What are they complaining about?" Gasoline was just over $2 per gallon last year and it's nearly $5 per gallon now. In California, it's about $7. That runs up the price of everything that is transported from point A to point B. THAT'S WHAT WE'RE COMPLAINING ABOUT!
Bl*^dy hell, that's a 250 to 350% increase, didn't know your increase was so much. I was comparing your prices to ours and we are more expensive but ours has only gone up about 60%. (Only 60% haha ) Think the world had gone totally nuts!!!!
Think the CEO's of these companies need to be held to account.

Latest posts

Back