PID Controller

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lewisj182

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Anyone know of a pre built PID controller that I could buy?

I can’t seem to find any that are available for a good price?

Has anyone had any experience in getting one that can control mash temp and pump?

Thanks

I’ve got one that I’m thinking of selling! I’ve moved from my PID controlled Burco to a Grainfather.
it’s got a 40A SSR and a volt/amp meter. Also have a spare probe.
im in Southgate, north London if you want to come check it out.
FF6E8F0A-345D-45F0-8A68-618478834B2F.jpeg

A87DCEC8-C947-4930-AF93-7C22955A7B96.jpeg

I’ve got one that I’m thinking of selling! I’ve moved from my PID controlled Burco to a Grainfather.
it’s got a 40A SSR and a volt/amp meter. Also have a spare probe.
im in Southgate, north London if you want to come check it out.
View attachment 61069
View attachment 61070

Looks good. Take it you
Built that yourself?

I was wondering if there were any commercial ones to buy that come with warranty etc. don’t seem to do them anywhere really it just seems to be that you can buy the PID and have to fit it yourself into a box etc.

I was wondering if there were any commercial ones to buy that come with warranty etc. don’t seem to do them anywhere really it just seems to be that you can buy the PID and have to fit it yourself into a box etc.

Called Grainfather control box, comes with warranty, but if the power isn't enough you still have to add your own SSR.

Inkbird do one but it has US output sockets, you need US>UK adapters, it works on 240v though.

I built it myself, I think it cost around £70 or so in parts, the box was probably the most expensive bit, that and buying a crimper and the connections to do it 'properly'.

The box it is in is a bit oversized to allow for cooling space for the SSR, works flawlessly controlling the 3kW element of my Burco. Also has a 5 or 6 m mains cable on it to reach the plug socket when I'm doing outside brews.

I'll be sticking it up on the market place when I manage to take some proper photos, along with the Burco, BIAB bag, a chugger pump and various other odds and sods that I don't need now I've got the G40. You can see it in action on my brew day posts here

Yes but I’m guessing it doesn’t have standard uk sockets to plug in a pump and heater though?
It has IEC sockets, or kettle socket, used on computers, amplifiers, coffee machines etc., I can't explain it better. Rated for standard UK mains voltage.

Back